Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wrong delivery address!

jackiec56
3: Seeker

HELP!  I upgraded last Thursday and for some unknown reason, Vodafone delivered my handset to a completely unrelated address.

I've been trying every day to get them to collect the phone from this address (which is a company and they have confirmed that it is in their receptiion area waiting to be collected) but Vodafone can't get their act together to collect.

Until this is collected and has gone through the returns process, apparently I will be billed for the new upgrade package.  This is a total mess.

So many advisors have promised to sort this out and to call back, but they never do!

Has anyone else had the same experience and what else can I do?  Short of travelling to Cambridge from South London to retrieve the handset myself, I have no idea what to do next.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I can certainly understand your frustration with this. :Sad_face:

Short of continuing to persevere with customer service their isn't much else you can personally do. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Cara_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jackiec56

I've private messaged you.

Cara

Hate to say I'm in the exact same boat as you - its been nearly 4 weeks since I placed my order! 

Presumably you've been through the same process of lies, excuse and broken promises as me. I'm also being charged for my new contract despite still not having the phone, and still have no clue when it'll be arriving :Smiling:

The closest I've got has been through the complaints number http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/complaints/ who do at least seem able to see what's happened, so they might be of some use to you! That said, they've still lied twice to me about when my phone will be arriving so don't hold out!

I plan to make a written complaint, then cancel my contract in the "cooling off period". It might even save you some time to try that and just re-order? I'm not sure. But all the best to you getting it sorted!!

Stretch214216
1: Seeker

Why can we not edit and or delete "old addresses" on the system, my upgrade was sent to an old address, pure stupid!!

Hello @Stretch214216

Please contact our team through Live Chat here or 191 and our team will alter the delivery / billing address to the correct one. 

Louise

Maddy92
Just an update for those in a similar position - I did eventually receive my phone, about 4 weeks after it should've been delivered. I'd recommend the complaints phone line as someone mentioned above. While they did still fob me off several times, it did eventually get the issue sorted.
That said, I've been overcharged on my last two contract payments, which I've had to sort. I also sent a formal complaint by post regarding poor customer service, nearly 3 weeks ago, and not heard anything back? Presumably being ignored by Vodafone again.

HI @Maddy92

Glad you have recieved your phone.

If you have sent a complaint by post this can take 30 days for a response.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Maddy92
Sarah A, would you be able to confirm for me please whether a a complaint has been logged??

Hello @Maddy92

I am going to Private Message you further help. 

Louise