cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Your customer service gets worse each year!

anrgy_man
4: Newbie

Here's my experience for anyone thinking of joining Vodafone.....If it wasn't for the price and network performance, I'd be off in a shot!

Current contract finished. Requested via live chat to cancel and move to Pay as You Go on 2nd Jan. Yes. No problem. 48-72 hours. 72 hours past. Nothing happened. Spoke to live chat again and you could clearly tell a) he didn't know what he was talking about and b) fed me a load of lies. Below is a small extract of what he said to me. I still have no idea what it means:

When you made any request first status com in open that mean your request in process but to any reason request get in pending then the concerned team will check the reason and get it processed as our disconnection team transfer the number to pay & go so can be check by them.

But anyway, he fobbed me off with £10 and said to make contact again the next day to get resolved.

Spoke to someone on the phone yesterday and she said it will be done by midnight yesterday.

Guess what? Nothing happened. Rang again today and she now tells me it will be before midnight tonight.

For some reason, I don't seem to believe this. I just cannot, for the life of me understand why the customer care is so so so poor from Voda. Have a look at my post from 12 months ago - a very similar situation!

14 REPLIES 14

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @anrgy_man

When a request is made to change to PAYG, due to the 30 days notice cancellation requirement, this will take 30 days to complete, after which time, you will be sent a new PAYG SIM for the number to activate.  From what you have written, the request to move to PAYG has been actioned and awaiting completion after the 30 days notice period.

If the change has not been done by the 2nd February, please post back and the Team will look into it for you.

Should you need a quick answer that this will be completed to PAYG after the 30 days notice, live chat or Customer Services will be able to clarify.

But that isn't what happened when i did the same 12 months ago and that's not what customer care are telling me.

I think the 30 days notice applies to cancelling the contract and not taking the number with you.

In fact, I've just received an email that starts off:

We're sorry you've chosen to stop your Pay monthly plan. It will be cancelled after the 30-day notice period - on 09/01/2018.

Today's the 10th and it's still not been cancelled.

AnnS

Hi @anrgy_man

Please see the link below.

Moving from Pay monthly to Pay as you go

Yes. That may be the normal process but they have gone outside of this and told me they will get it done sooner as per the 4 agents I've now spoken to and the written email confirmation I've now had.

hrym

I haven't had experience of this, but it sounds as though the customer service people have promised something they can't deliver and I'm not sure there's any way of short-circuiting the proces, either.   They shouldn't do this, of course, but sadly it does happen sometimes.

As far as I can see, the transfer is in process and the easiest option is to let it complete.  Trying to interfere with it now runs the risk of delaying it further.

Also, that link you provided states:

within the next 30 days

and not that it will take 30 days.

I've had this kind of experiance with the Live Chat team @Vodafone.

It is unfortunate this has happened, though the only satisfaction you're likely to get from it is to raise your concerns to Vodafone - you can do so by following this link:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/

Unfortunately the process won't be able to be changed, so I imagine your feedback will be fed back to further improve communication via the digital platform, moving forwards.

Hope all works out well for you though.

Surprise surprise! Another promised date has been and gone and my number still hasn't transferred over. 

I think it's game, set and match now. I'm going to request my PAC code and move to another network. This is just atrocious beyond belief.