Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Youtube premium Red entertainment - useless Vodafone. ISSUES

DC04R
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

OK so since I started my new vodafone contract (which I kept only as I wanted the ent package), I selected youtube premium as that's what I needed.

Seemed to be all ok, youtube premium added to my profile and for a month, all good.

Then started getting charged for it on my bills, turns out vodafone had forgotten to add the ent pack to my account so I was just signed up to YT premium and being charged via vodafone.

So got that sorted (many long waits on the phone/chats and passed around all the various teams) and got credits for my bills. A link sent out for me to select YT premium as part of my ent pack. However it didn't work, kept saying I already had a premium account and I should try again when that premium account comes to an end.

So now I don't have YT premium, the initial sign up has expired. Despite numerous attempts on the (completely useless) chat function (which cuts off, takes forever to get replies, etc) and I've totted up - 5 hours on the phone! I am still not able to link YT premium to my account.

The callback from a tech team was promised and what a surprise, no call back.

Who else has had these issues? I can't be the only one.

And apparently, although I'm not getting what I signed up for, I am not able to cancel the vodafone contract.

11 REPLIES 11

Andy

Hi @DC04R We would love the opportunity to take a look at this and turn your experience around, if you could contact us by following the instructions here also linking to this thread meaning you won`t need to explain the situation again.

Sounds promising, but to be honest mate everyone has been keen and done absolutely naff all. Hence me signing up to this in a last ditch attempt.

Even the complaint form has been ignored so far.

But ok, I'll reply via the link and use FB messenger to go to Vodafone UK?

Hi, did you ever get this fixed? My husband is going through the same thing and we are going round and round in circles, same as you complaint raised, endless calls and chats, promising it will be fixed. I’m hoping yours got fixed and maybe you know what they did? Thanks

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cc1279! We'd be happy to look into this with you. It sounds like we just need to refresh the entertainment package itself. If you can ask the account holder to pop our Social Media team a message here, with a link to this thread and your username, they'll be able to investigate and get this resolved for you 🙂

Hi Beth thanks for the reply. Unfortunately we went through the refreshing/removal of the pack about 100 times with every different department and I’m afraid to say the guys one social media turned out to be the least helpful. We eventually had to remove the entertainment pack from the contract and my husband is now paying for YouTube premium separately (direct with YouTube), as after hundreds of tweets, chats and calls the issue could not be resolved by Vodafone. 

Same! Glad it's not just me then!! 

hiya. yeah in the end they gave up! Gave me a credit for the year for the YT premium and I just pay for YT myself. Not very good is it!

Thanks for your reply, so frustrating having to go over the same trouble shooting because they don’t believe you have done it before and each time being PROMISED it would be fixed. The only reason my husband stayed with Vodafone was to get the YouTube so looks like he’ll be switching away once this contract is up. Glad I’m not with Vodafone! 😉

EXACTLY the same for me! 

Unbelievably frustrating and yes I'm only with Voda to get the YT premium as that's all I watch these days. Passed from pillar to post, UK call centres to Indian call centres, countless promises, countless hrs/mins spent on the phone to try and get sorted. No issues taking my Direct debit tho and wow they're quick when you cancel the DD!