Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Youtube premium says its expired, but still a year left to run,

james1687
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As noted in these threads by others (linked)  i have the exact same issue, it has now been raised to the back end team on saturday so apparently now waititng a solution ( not hopeful) 

expect to get sent round in a circle, 2 advisors have tried to reset settings with no change, been on live chat for about 3 hours all together,  

Can anyone advise who to contact if i dont get a resolution off the back end team, i use youtube quite heavily ( was one of the  main reasons for the plan)  so not getting the contract i should be, 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Youtube-premium-says-its-expired-but-it-shouldnt/td-p/26...

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/YouTube-Premium-Expired-after-1-month-and-NOW-LOCKED-OUT...

10 REPLIES 10

MarkD

Hi @james1687, if this has been raised to the back office technical team, it sounds like a misalignment between your contact dates and the entertainment package dates. If you do need to contact us, we would recommend sending us a private message on Twitter or Facebook, you can find the contact details here

Thanks mark, was told 48-72 hours to hear something back, 

That time frame expires in 3 hours, so is the next step to dm via the channels you suggested? 

looking at the threads i linked i cant actuallt seem to see anyone who has had the issue resolved, one never updated, the other apparently got a credit to cover the cost of subscribing himself outside of vodafone, ideally not a route id want to go down but i expect that took alot of authorising to get that, ( just want my music back!) 

We know that the 72 hour timeframe is not quite up yet, however, if you send us over a message on the social media channels, our team can check for an update. When you do message us, select 'Get Started', followed by 'Asked to DM'. 

You'll have to keep us updated with how you get on. 

so the saga continues, 6th agent ( manager) still unable to resolve, Now been escalated again, ( got told 48-72 hours)  , same as last time, heard nothing the first time, probably wont this time either 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear it's taking longer than expected to resolve your issue @james1687. If you pop us a message through one of our social channels as @MarkD suggested, we'll be able to take a look into this and help get your subscription reconnected.

so far we are 6 days after the last post, 

approximately 5 live chats, 2 managers,   

twitter first time was promised a call back within 5 days ( never happened) asked again yesterday and apparently they will update me Tuesday ( i doubt it)

rang 191 , advisor tried taking off the pack and adding again for approximately the 8th time with no resolution , again has escalated it,

just a continues circle, strangely advisors keep telling me that the system shows i have Spotify ( never had, never used it but Just in case i downloaded it and checked, nope i don't have premium on there , and evidently my YouTube account still states Vodafone expired 6th October, 

i am actually going on holiday in 1 week so will bite the bullet and subscribe myself to music to actually get acess back ( apparently  i am being comped £30 so far) which at least covers this but geninly id much rather they sort the problem out, 

if this continues when i get back ill try resolver, and ultimately if necessary ill raise a money claim for  time spent attempting to resolve plus however many months YouTube premium i am missing ,

Vodafone needs a better process, fed up of having to describe the issue over and over,  spoke to a English call centre by saying i wanted to leave, who looked at the issue, said notes were terrible on the system, then put me through to the Indian tech team to go round in a circle again!

so further update, still no info back from Vodafone ( though on twitter said they would update Tuesday) 

seems others have issues with the entertainment pack recently, 

Documenting this time line till resolution so anyone else who has the same problem can find it, 

tomorrow i will subscribe myself, maybe this will knock Vodafone link out of the equation and in a month i will be able to subscribe, unfortunaly i think in doing so will mean i cant subscribe by the Vodafone link should they actually fix it,  but since its 6 weeks today it seems unlikely, 

So over 2 months since this all began, Passed from pillar to post, Never hearing back from the technical team, getting resolver case opened, 

Got contact by someone in complaints ( indian call centre still) - they  they after 2 weeks couldn't get an answer from technical and we went round in circles again ( technical asking stupid questions) 

End resolution my complaint has been marked resolved with mutual agreement, 

Vodafone have credited me £110 - enough for YouTube music premium to last to end of contract,  , so there you have it, if you run into this problem, they cant solve it, 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear we weren't able to get this issue sorted for you @james1687, but it sounds like we've come to a suitable work around with you.