Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Zinc Debt Collections and Vodafone

nahkcz
2: Seeker

Hi, 

so I lost my job due to COVID. I struggled to pay a couple months bills and Vodafone sent me straight to Zinc despite me trying to arrange something - which is fine. 
I was contacted by a woman from Zinc who said if I pay a discounted amount by the 21st of October, my account will be back in service and I will have no more arrears. 

So I paid that discounted fee a few days later, way before the 21st which is yet approaching. 
A couple days later, Vodafone turned all my services back on and I’ve not been contacted by them or Zinc. 
Today, I went onto live chat to ask about a different issue but was told I couldn’t be helped because my account was still outstanding with the amount the discounted balance took off? So Vodafone are flat out refusing to acknowledge me even though Zinc informed me my account with them is done and they’re sending me back to Vodafone.

I contacted Zinc who said they’ve closed my account as I paid, but Vodafone won’t help me! 
what do I do!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As this is going to need account access which isn't available via this forum I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username and they'll look into this for you @nahkcz 

I would also suggest to check your Credit File via Experian or other means to check if a default has been placed as these last 6 years and severely affect applying for different forms of credit.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

tavares29

Hello, I received a charge on my bills that are late, I'm not working at the moment but I really want to pay this debt that is in arrears. Is there any form of payment with a lower amount?

AnnS

@tavares29 wrote:

Hello, I received a charge on my bills that are late, I'm not working at the moment but I really want to pay this debt that is in arrears. Is there any form of payment with a lower amount?

Assuming you are a Vodafone UK customer, that is something you would need to discuss with Vodafone.  Follow the information on this link: What to do if you can’t pay your bill If you are considering a payment plan, it will only be for 6 months and this will be reported against your credit file as a forewarning to any creditors.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @tavares29 - thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear you're concerned about being able to pay your bill. 

As @AnnS has mentioned, we'd recommend you getting in touch us to see what options are available - you can speak to the Collections team by calling 191 from your Vodafone phone or 03333 040 191 from a landline, and you'll just need to input your mobile number when prompted.