Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

account locked

Alexandra0020
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So my account had been locked due to entering my password incorrectly a handful of times. It all started when I realised I couldn’t reset my password as the email address on the account was a previous one that I used about 3/4 months ago but now is no longer is in use because it got hacked. When I was changing all my emails on social media and websites etc I completely forgot that email was registered to my Vodafone account so I when I did reset password it would obviously got to the other email address.

So I contacted Vodafone on live chat and got them to change my email address it all worked out fine and sorted now I can receive password reset emails. However because I had entered the password wrong a handful of times the account got locked. So I contacted Vodafone again to unlock my account. 4 different advisors had to do this because the first 3 kept telling me I could try to get into my account again with password reset after 15-20 minutes. The 3rd advisor even changed my username to try it a different way. I then went into store and the advisors told me I had to wait 24hrs before accessing my account after it had been unlocked so I had basically been given wrong information by 3 people.

I get in contact for the fourth time but this time via phone not live chat and the advisor I spoke to unlocked the account and sent me a reset password, I confirmed with them that I had to wait 24hrs and they said yes. 24hrs later not able to get into account. I make sure I’m using the correct username saved from the chat the advisor and I had.

i then just by chance do a forgot username and it comes up with the previously username before the advisor changed it. I contacted Vodafone again to confirm my username and they said no it’s deifnately the username the 3rd advisor switched me to which was email in caps. 

Suprisingly enough I joined Vodafone as a new starter and spoke to my manager about my situation and she said to get them to remove my online account and basically have be register again all fresh.. even as a worker now it’s been 4 weeks and still now access to my online account. I mean it’s good I don’t NEED anything on my account as it’s all on the app and I have access via my PIN but it’s still frustrating as I could easily do minor changes myself on the app but can’t because I cannot sign in so I’m always having to call up or go on live chat! Please just sort this!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can understand why you would be frustrated with this which seems to be from a series of primary issues out of Vodafones control, however they should be able to get this resolved asap.

As there is no account access via this Vodafone forum you would need to either persevere with customer support or engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter which are the official pages.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.