Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

data sim ACTIVATION

peterkin262
4: Newbie

I've just signed up for a DATA SIM ONLY deal.via the net. I received it yesterday and it is not active.

CUSTOMER SERVICES SEEM INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING ME WHEN I SAY I DON'T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER SUPPLIED WITH IT.

Can somebody PLEASE get me sorted ot I am cancelling it and going back to Three!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

From the thread I pasted on earlier it seems a person received a resolution by persisting with Customer service until they engaged with a front line agent who had the required knowledge to sort this out. 

Is it possible the dongle is at issue? Maybe the APN settings need looking at. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Cool. 

Then it should work when the correct Vodafone Apn's are entered. Good luck.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @peterkin262

Before you are able to use the dongle, you first need the correct APN settings and download the correct software and drivers.

You can find how this can be done on the link below.  You will need to enter  the device, you will then find the correct settings.

Device Support

Software Download

As far as the number is concerned, with the SIM being preactivated, you will be able to see this on your dashboard as soon as you start using the service.

If you are unclear on the settings and software, live chat will always help and quite sure they will even email the setting and software information direct to you.

Its all sorted now.

Over TWO WEEKS to get my Data SIM activated!

But it is now working.

And thanks to @Lee and everybody else who tried to help.

Funnily enough the voice calls part was active though. I could insert the SIM into an ancient Timeport 260 handset and was able to dial 191 and get through.

I popped the SIM into my Huawei e8372 Wingle (?!) and was just about to complain to Vodafone when it suddenly burst into life.

But I've got a decent 3G signal here (No 4G funnily enough!) and a reliable data signal.

Thanks again.