Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSIM Swap - Failed?

paulcymru
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I attempted to swap an eSIM from iPhone to Android this morning via my online Vodafone account. It went well and I received the QR code. I deactivated the eSIM on the iPhone and scanned the QR on my Android device, only to receive a message stating 'the code is not valid or has already been used' (error code: SVR_8.2.6/3.8)

I've spent many hours on the phone to customer service today - keep being told to wait for 24 hours. This doesn't seem right as I have now had no service for 6 hours. Surely the swap should not leave the user without service?

I've been told it will activate but am not confident, particularly as per the message I am receiving. Does anyone have any advice?

Like many, I have two factor set up for banking, email etc. and now can't access anything :Sad_face:

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

In most cases this should just take a few minutes to switch over, but can take up to 24 hours. Apologies for any confusion over this. If your eSIM still hasn't connected, pop us a message with your full name, mobile number and a link to this thread, or a brief description of the issue via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK, I'm sure we'll be able to help get you up and running again in no time 😊