Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

end of contract

eastsomerset
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

why do i have to call youto cancel my contract when you send me a text to say my contract has ended?

15 REPLIES 15

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @eastsomerset  probably because most people want to continue their contract until they either take out a new one or transfer to another network using a PAC, or would you rather Vodafone just cut you off ?

YES I would want to be cut off. I only wanted to use it for a month thats why i had a monthly contract.

AnnS

@eastsomerset 

It's not very clear.  A question I would like to ask : When you agreed the monthly contract did you take out a 30 day contract or a 12 month SIM only contract?

If it was a 30 day contract and not a 12 months contract where you are committed for 12 months, text STAC to 75075, if you are out of contract this will enable you to leave immediately the following working day without the need for 30 days notice.  Please remember there will be two further bills, and it is advisable to keep the direct debit in place until you have received the final 0.00 bill.  If you text INFO to 85075 you will be able to get information on your account and contract end date.

If you only wanted the contract for one month, you really should have kept to PAYG and purchased a 30 day Big Value Bundle.

Hope the above helps.

when i discussed it with the assistant i was told to go with a month contract

@eastsomerset wrote:

The Vodafone agents can suggest options that best suite your possible needs but they can't make you.

I'd suggest to speak with customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Teams about this @eastsomerset 

We are fellow customers with understandably no account access thus cannot say what happened as this should all be in your account notes.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@eastsomerset wrote:

Hi @eastsomerset 

Thank you for your reply.

Follow the information in my reply and text  STAC to 75075 to cancel the contract.  

If you have any further questions, live chat or Customer Services are there to help.  Alternatively, follow this link: Contact Us

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

A STAC doesn't cancel the contract until you give it to the new provider though, it won't just cancel it the next day.

AnnS

Thank you for adding my missing words @chistery and clarifying how a STAC code works.

hrym

TBH, if you just wanted the connection for a month, PAYG would probably have been more appropriate.   Mobile phone companies are now being more proactive about end of contract notifications so that users can choose what they want to do - for example, if you have an inclusive device, you could upgrade it.   If you don't want to do that, you could save money by dropping back to SIM only.   That's why you received the notification.   Most people do want to continue and wouldn't appreciate being cut off because they failed to respond.