Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

end of contract

eastsomerset
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

why do i have to call youto cancel my contract when you send me a text to say my contract has ended?

15 REPLIES 15

hi it was a sim only contract  was told i had come to the end of my contract  and would have to RENEW  there was no mention of a rolling contract

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @eastsomerset 

If you refer to your Terms and Conditions, Paragraph B here you will see that the contract you had will be for a minimum term and not for a maximum or fixed term. 

Contracts are designed this way to prevent cut off, you can just imagine the number of complaints received if the service was suddenly and unexpectedly cut off with a total loss of service and the loss of a valuable number just because the contact reached the end of term. This will be the same for your broadband service, Sky television and home utilities such as your gas and electricity supply. The contracts may have been 12/18 months or longer but you won't lose service until you contact the provider and do something about it.

The way to go now is to cancel the contract by contacting Vodafone or request a text code to give to a new mobile provider, by going this way it will be quicker and avoids the 30 days notice.  Alternately, ask Vodafone to cancel the contract and transfer the number to PAYG but this will take 30 days to complete.

hrym

If you spoke to someone on the phone or used Live Chat, there's probably still a record of what was said.   It should therefore be possible to check if you were misinformed - no network (afaik) offers a PAYM contract that has the be renewed, so it's difficult to see how this came up.  However, if that's what you were told, it seems likely that there is a case for mis-selling.

If you raise this as a complaint, ask for the records to be checked as soon as possible.

BandOfBrothers

@eastsomerset 

Was the text message from Vodafone to cancel your contract out of the blue ?

I'd suggest to certainly speak with customer services to ensure it's Vodafone that has contacted you via this method.

Vodafone will need you to pass Security Checks to ensure it's you who's ending the contract. i.e not moving your phone number to another network.

A person can now move to another network taking their number with them via text message 》 What-happens-when-I-leave and How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

yes it was from vodafone at the end of my month. i was on a monthly contract. have been told by customer service i should have read the terms and conditions......

What's happened may I ask  @eastsomerset  ?

A Pay Monthly Contract drops onto a 30 day rolling contract when the contractual term of 24 Months has ended.

It does not simply end.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.