Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

exchange samsung s20 ultra

chris_B73
2: Seeker

Hi I took out a samsung galaxy s20 ultra on the 2nd of July, but I would like to exchange this for a different handset as I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period... my problem is I threw away the packaging that the phone was boxed in.. can someone please tell me if I'll still be able to exchage as this phone has so many problems? 

12 REPLIES 12

chris_B73

I have  all the phone accessories including proof of purchase and warranty card.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As per orders/returns It does say "Please make sure the product you’re returning is in its original packaging, undamaged, and complete with all original accessories. Any free or discounted promotional products you received must also be included"

I can only suggest to visit your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store and present them with the phone and accessories that were included and see if they will accept the phone without the packaging @chris_B73 Or speak with customer services on 191 or Live Chat 

May I ask what problems your experiencing with the phone  ?

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.. well the phone heats up badly with light usage. The camera has auto focus issues. Gaming also isn't very good. A quick Google search and I can see lots of people having the same issues as me

BandOfBrothers

@chris_B73 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.. well the phone heats up badly with light usage. The camera has auto focus issues. Gaming also isn't very good. A quick Google search and I can see lots of people having the same issues as me

There has been lots of discussion that the Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 chipset handles the phone better than the Exynos 990 chipset we get in regards to Battery Management. 

It's thought that the higher refresh rate in our version isn't handled as well and in gaming.

Yet I also see YouTube reviews and tech sites from users using the Exynos 990 chipsets that say the phone handles just as well.

My thoughts are that in the early stages of owning a phone the setting up , preferences settings and the phone indexing as it learns usage habits causes more heat than normal.

It's upto you of course but you could give it a few more days to settle. Also if a case is applied this can stop heat from diffusing from the phone as well.

Can you check your Playstore for any relevant updates and the phones software update section to see if there are any updates.

My last update included Camera Stability.

Screenshot_20200616-183842_Software update.jpg

Current Phone  >

and yes I just threw the box out because I didn't anticipate having to return it. I really hope I'm allowed to exchange this for another handset

BandOfBrothers

@chris_B73 wrote:

and yes I just threw the box out because I didn't anticipate having to return it. I really hope I'm allowed to exchange this for another handset

Appreciate you've disposed of the packaging. 

I keep mine just in case issues happen and I need to swap it out or use the packaging to send the phone off in and later on if I sell the phone some people want the box.

It's going to be at the discretion of Vodafone if they'll accept the phone back without packaging.

Would you let us know how you get on with this and good luck @chris_B73 

Current Phone  >

Thanks I'll give it a few to see if the problems settle. And I'll also try the advice you've gave me thanks for the help. I'll keep you updated.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @chris_B73 

Hope all goes well.   :Smiling:

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Buy a Samsung S20 Ultra 5G EMPTY BOX RETAIL UK on eBay and use that to return the phone?