Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

extra roaming countries

number7
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

EE are now doing a sim only deal which allows roaming in USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia at no extra charge,

£19.99 per month with 12GB unlimited calls and texts, why can Vodafone not do something like this, instead off ripping people of with £6 per day , i think i know where im going next

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @number7 you often find that once one company starts with a scheme such as this then others soon follow, hopefully Vodafone will do the same, or at least allow an opt out of the £6 daily charge to allow the odd text to be sent at normal rates !

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

I suppose people will go for what works best for them. I was very tempted by EE but then was surprised to learn that they don't anywhere near as many 4G agreements with overseas networks than Vodafone does. I remember last summer roaming in Cyprus and Vodafone had 4G roaming there with Cyta-Voda. EE didn't.

For those people who holiday in Turkey (or the occupied part of Cyprus), they'll love the fact that Vodafone include it in their free roaming zone.

For me personally, I actually like Roam Further. I travel to India with work and have made this service work for me. On days where I'm not working, I use my phone (hammer it in fact) to get the full benefit of the daily charge. But on days where I'm not going to be utilising it properly. I turn data off, hook it up to the wifi and I'm good for incoming calls.

Vodafone are the only network to offer this. With any of the others (including my work phone which isn't Vodafone) then I'm paying a large amount for both incoming and outgoing calls.

I suppose if you're a regular visitor to the countries EE now include then definitely it's a reason to switch but then I'd probably question why you're not already with Three. I think those countries were included in the Roam like Home deal (not that the service was any good, but it was free)

63johnw

My biggest gripe is the £6 daily charge that can't be opted out, I was in Jamaica and the USA last year and just wanted to be able to send the odd text home but didn't want to incur a £6 charge. I agree that the current system works for some customers but there still should be the option to opt out.

donnyguy

No, I agree and totally get your point.

After all, me personally, I opted into World Traveller as it was the best fit for me. Others didn't which meant Vodafone were offering the best solution to all customers rather than a one model fits all.

63johnw

Yes @donnyguy it is good for many customers and I can see that, just wish Vodafone would listen to those who don't want it, it has been raised before with little notice taken, I don't think they are going to change their stance though 😕

Getafix

They will soon be following EE as most USA/Canada users Roam Free in Europe or for a fixed fee for week/month. Hence a reciprocal agreement must be in place but just being a bit greedy. By delaying hoping to make some money as they are getting away by not giving an option to opt out.

Was planning to start a petition as I think it is very unfair to not give someone a choice.

And worst thing is they don't inform you that you have triggered the charge for the day.

Come on Vodafone, do the right thing.