Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

failed check email?

Deetoxicity
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

i recently ordered an additional line, which i was assured i was eligible for, and order went through absolutely fine; i paid the upfront fee and then about 36 hours later; i got an email saying i had failed the credit check!

i contacted vodafone to told me to ignore the email because there was nothing like they on my account and my order was still valid but now i am very unsure as to what’s going on? do vodafone send these emails out in error often?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Deetoxicity 

As an existing customer, you would have already been credit checked for an additional line and there would have been no need for any further check.

If you ordered the additional line through your online account, this would have gone straight to your account and you would have also been entitled to a discount towards your second line.

Your online account or application you should show the additional line and number on the same account.

BandOfBrothers

I can understand why this type of communication would have unsettled you @Deetoxicity 

What I'd suggest is to contact customer services once more via 191 or Live  Chat....

i.e. speak to a different advisor and ask about the status of your order.

Dont start off the conversation telling them about the email.

You should also recieve confirmation via email in regards to your order.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

okay i will speak to them again as advised.

and yes it was very strange, i got the confirmation and then this email later on. 

okay, spoken to someone on chat, without referencing the email and he said my order was fine and successful and said i should be able to see the second line on my account at some point today. 

delivery isn’t until august 23rd so will wait with bated breath lol 

AnnS

Hi @Deetoxicity 

As far as your order is concerned, there is further information for you on this link:  Delivery Information

Although you won't be able to track delivery until despatch, when you have received the email with the order number, you will be able to see details of the order on the tracking information.

is the order tracking page working now? i seem to have been hitting an error page whenever i clicked on it in the last few weeks.

”sorry we’re making a few tweaks we’ll be back soon” or something along those lines 

AnnS

Hi @Deetoxicity 

That can sometimes happen.  Try clearing your PC cache and cookies, close down the browser and try again. It may be that the order is not yet in Vodafone's system and will work later.

Good luck with your order.  Don't understand the reason for the credit failed email.     The problem is if you have received this failed email, there could well be other customers receiving the same email and wondering what has happened.  

yes that’s true, i hope it’s not too much of an issue. i did wonder if perhaps it was because it was for a pre-order

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Deetoxicity, this is a strange one! I've seldom come a cross this query in the 3 years I've been here at Vodafone. I'd like to check your account and provide you with the reassurance that everything has gone through in typical fashion. Please send me a message over to us on Twitter @VodafoneUK or Facebook Vodafone UK.