Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

flexi upgrade

f11csb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

if i am on a flexi upgrade and have been told my early upgrade fee of £494... will this have to be paid upfront or spread over my new 24month contract?

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @f11csb

Vodafone offer the flexi upgrade option to enable the customer to spread the cost of upgrading early.  This means the charges will be added to the bill on a monthly basis. 

Your online account and application will give all the information. 

according to live chat it will be added on to my next bill... i just told them to leave it as its a lot to pay in one go

BandOfBrothers

I agree that's a chunk of money to pay off at once @f11csb 

Have you considered selling your phone privately and or trade it in the reduce the cost.

Obviously the longer you've had the contract the less an early upgrade fee will be and or wait until your near your contract end date and you'll be in a more favourable position to negotiate a deal when speaking to retentions.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Flexi upgrade fee is a bloody joke. It is changing every day and jumping up and down. It is better to pay early termination fee rather than flexi upgrade. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @robdevil Your flexi upgrade fee will decrease, the same as your early termination fee does. You can check this by following these steps: 

-Open the My Vodafone app

- From the home screen, tap the Data tile > this will take you to the Usage tab

- From there, choose the Upgrade tab

-If you’re eligible for a Flexi-upgrade, you’ll see a message that includes your Early termination fee

If you’re using a laptop or PC, follow these steps:

- From the navigation menu, choose Account settings > Mobile switching 

- From here, choose View my switching information

- Next to Early termination fee, you’ll see the amount you’d need to pay to get a Flexi-upgrade

Hahaha. You wish. It is randomly changing. Month ago it was £590 today is £660. Will see what brings tomorrow. 

Ohh and again whooping £854  [Removed]  is going on with that fee???!!!!

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your flexi upgrade price can vary slightly depending on the phone and airtime contract you're upgrading to @robdevil. Have you spoke to a member of our Sales team by calling 191 from your phone to ask about the upgrade and why the charge has risen and by so much?