Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad Pro 12.9 order - second line

MrIan
2: Seeker

Hi,

I ordered an iPad Pro 12.9 on the 30th November, paying a £40 upfront cost, which was charged to my debit card and the balance debited from my bank account. I then received two emails, with the second one being 'its great to have you on board, as requested we'll deliver your order to...'  Since then I've had one update email saying that Vodafone are waiting for stock and they'll contact me again in 3 days (fine, as I'm expecting at least a 4 week wait anyway, as I've read the other posts about 12.9 stock and order delays) 

My question? This morning, the £40 upfront cost re-appeared in my bank account, indicating that Vodafone didn't take the money after the intitial card check when I placed the order. I understand how retailers debit money from cards, and if they don't actually claim the money in a certain time frame, then it goes back into your available balance. So now I'm wondering, will Vodafone charge my card for the £40 again? Or has the order been cancelled/not accepted. I rang 191 and they said the order was still open on their system, but weren't much more help than that, other than to say delivery would be 3-5 days (which I doubt from reading the other posts on this forum.)

Has anyone else had this situation where your upfront cost payment re-appeared in your available balance after placing an order? I'm probably worrying about nothing, but it seems strange that the £40 went back into my available balance. :Hmm_Face:

I've had the account longer than 3 months, and this is a second line for an iPad. Also the online tracker simply does not work for me, with any browser. 

:Smiling:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In case anyone finds this useful in the future, the upfront payment cost was eventually claimed from my debit card and not charged to the first bill. 

Ordered 30th Nov, received 12th December. Overall a very good service from Vodafone with this order :Smiling:

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

User1602

Did you take this order out instore online or over the phone?

When taking an order out over the internet / in store the card is usualy used for a credit check and the funds are never really deducted vodafone usualy charge your one off cost onto the first bill.

Oh OK, that might explain it then. I made the order online through my account, after going through the offers section. It definitely did not say the upfront cost would be added to the first bill though, not that that's much of any issue either way.  I guess I'll find out one way or another! 

@User1602 wrote:

Did you take this order out instore online or over the phone?

When taking an order out over the internet / in store the card is usualy used for a credit check and the funds are never really deducted vodafone usualy charge your one off cost onto the first bill.

In case anyone finds this useful in the future, the upfront payment cost was eventually claimed from my debit card and not charged to the first bill. 

Ordered 30th Nov, received 12th December. Overall a very good service from Vodafone with this order :Smiling: