Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad Pro 12.9 stock

Ezbai
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

What is going on with Vodafone and IPad Pro 12.9? I ordered 1 over the phone last week and they told me I would get it the next day. 5 minutes after putting the phone down, I got a message saying the device I ordered was out of stock and they would get back to me in 3 days with an update so I called customer services just for them to tell me I would get it in 48 hours. 48 hours Iater I tried to track my order online but the tracking system said my details were invalid so I called back and they lady said the order was with DPD. I told her that was not right and hasn’t been dispatched and she started getting quite rude telling me the information was on her screen and to call DPD. Put the phone down and called again trying to get someone else. This new lady tells me they haven’t received the stock but I’m first in line to get it and they get stock every Tuesday and Thursdays. On Tuesday I get another email saying no stock and they would get back to me in 4 days. I called back customer services to cancel and got through a lady who could hardly speak English and begs me to let her manager apologise to me for the delay. The manager tells me Vodafone never works like this (I have been with them more than 10 years so I know how they work) and to accept their apologies. Called a few hours later to confirm cancellation, the guy tells me it takes 24 hours. Called back the day after and a lady tells me she has stepped up the cancellation process and will take around 72 hours to confirm, I’m fed up and quite upset since they offered me a good deal and really needed the tablet since mine is dying. For once, I thought Vodafone was being nice after all my years of custom but as usual... something went wrong and ended up going bananas while all they had to do from the beginning was being honest about their stock levels. 

10 REPLIES 10

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware, the tracking details will come up as invalid until the order has been despatched, so any information you were given about it being with DPD is likely to have been incorrect.   I have to wonder what the person who told you that was looking at.

It's not unusual for items to go out of stock and customer services don't, I think, have information on when they'll be available.   It's unfortunate that they sometimes take a guess and say it'll be imminent.   Longer delays tend to apply for newly-launched items that are in heavy demand which, afaik, this isn't.  In this case, I wonder whether there's a backlog at Apple?

The sequence of events you describe isn't good and needs inventigation, so hang on for the forum team, who have full systems access and will be able to confirm a) what's happened and b) that your order is cancelled.

Thank you very much. I will wait, see what’s they say. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ezbai - I’m disappointed to hear how many times you’ve been given different delivery information.

We can take a look at what’s caused this and feed it back. Please contcat us, by following the instructions in this private message.

PAULBRUNNING91
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have had much the same with regards to ordering of the iPad Pro 12.9inch. I ordered the device on the 3rd Dec 2018 for someones birthday on the 11th Dec and still nothing to this day. I have called so many times where i get the person answering the phone and saying there is not stock to wait until next Wednesday/Thursday as that is the days they get there stock delivery from Apple, still nothing. The customer service that i have been given on this has been shocking, been told about 5 times that it will be with me with in 3 - 5 working days and that has been a lie. Been told that they have no stock, to witch i replyed with how comes i can walk into an Apple store and by one there and then, and Vodafone cant have ANY delivered in almost 5 week's. one person that i spoke with even said to cut my losses and look for a different company to get the iPad from, i mean really Vodafone passing off your customers! The track recored with Vodafone for the past 7 years for myself have been shocking, the only reason i stay is i get very heavy disscounts on my 5 lines so i stay. I have not had anyone call me and say sorry at least about this and still im waiting for the iPad. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PAULBRUNNING91 We often don't know when we'll next receive stock, but we do sometimes have an estimated timescale. I can only apologise that your order hasn't arrived with you yet and I do hope it's there soon. 

If you've been given your order number, you're able to check for updates on our Order Tracker. You should also receive an email/text from DPD to inform you when the iPad is out for delivery. 

I understand that some times you dont know when your next delivery will arrive, but if you know you have so many open orders that have been sold to the customer as a lead time of 4 to 5 working days from the order date (3rd Dec 2018) you should be able to keep them update date with stoke levels to keep them aware. 

I dont understand how you can not have any devices for what is coming up to 2 weeks, how can the logistics department not know how many units to order to forfill open orders? 

I have been given an order number but it just says 'Your order is confirmed and we are getting it ready' and it has been saying that the hole time i have been waiting for the device. 

It is shocking that you can do business in this way, and the customer service i have been given around the subject is shocking!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you've not recieved your iPad yet @PAULBRUNNING91 and completely understand your frustration. We’re working hard with Apple to try and get this to you as soon as possible, so please hold tight!

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Glad to read this thread actually as I ordered an iPad today, was told a three day lead time and then got the out of stock email and I'd get updates in three days.

Add a couple of dubious contacts with Vodafone today has resulted in me placing the order with Apple instead.

Exact issie with me, I was told 4 weeks ago that my ipad was in stock and was already shipped etc. It was complete lies. There is a massive issue if every single other comoany has ipads sitting waiting to take that day or get next day delivery. Vodafone obviously had made far tooo many orders to bring is cash paid up front! There is something massive goong on here for the amount of lies thousands of people have been told , its all over google facebook and twutter that there is something going on with your company. I will be cancelling my order today there is noway i am waiting when I can walk into EE, currys, argos even has them for godsake.