Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone says 4g but no connection to internet

Rachelw50
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just bought iPhone 6 and sim only from vodafone. Phone says 4g but am unable to access internet or use iMessage. I’ve checked the settings in mobile data and all looks ok so can’t figure it out anyone help please!!!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rachelw50

May I ask where you purchased the iPhone 6 from ?

Is Mobile Data turned On in the iPhone?

Does this issue happen everywhere or in one area ?

4G isn't available everywhere and you could be in a fringe area. 

Does your phone switch down to 3G ? 

Vodafone uk-coverage-map

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Check your status in your myvodafone. 

Also check no data bars or caps etc are activated. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and check as this is a new account. 

Did you open the contract directly with Vodafone or a 3rd party. I ask because I've seen where a person has experienced a delay in getting set up with 3rd parties as they can sometimes be slow in updating Vodafone with the new details. 

As a process of elimination can you insert your SIM card in another phone to see if things work or not. 

This will rule out if your Vodafone Account and SIM card are at issue if it works in another phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Rachelw50

Unless you have already signed into your icloud account, before being able to use Apple Services, this will need to be done here:  Sign in with your Apple ID When you have synchronised to itunes, this will download the correct network carrier settings for your iphone. 

The following link will explain how to make sure you have the correct phone number and imessage settings.

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Keep-my-number/1060518472

If you still have problems accessing internet services, please come back to the forum or contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels here: Contact Us