cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

##~## is with this Content Control Bar?!?

twister9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

All I want to do is enter a competition to win money, it’s a text competition, one of those 83*** numbers...I was entering fine last month, until I hit £19 of my £20 self imposed spend limit. I went into my account and removed the £20 limit. Received a text confirming removal. The day all of my free minutes, texts and data renewed (and also I assumed the spend cap, even though I’d removed it) I tried entering, and got an auto response “message failed to send, content control bar in place, contact customer services”! I have done that. FOUR TIMES! I have gone into my account and removed any bars in my settings, I have also done the credit card authentication proving my age. I have NO issues accessing dodgy websites, so this not being able to text a simple competition number is INFURIATING!!

Please, PLEASE, someone tell me what the hell is going on, and how I get this bloody bar removed?!?! I’ve been with Vodafone for as long as I can remember but this is making me want to leave when my contract is up in Jan!

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @twister9 I understand how frustrating this must be for you! So that we can look into this for you, we'll need to take a look at your account. Please could you pop our Social Media team a message here, and I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you!

Thanks Jack, but sadly I don’t have social media accounts anywhere and I’ve tried live chat 4 times with zero success! Any other options??

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twister9 You can always contact us via 191 from your Vodafone phone and 0808 040 8408 from a non Vodafone phone (standard call charges apply) or pop into your nearest Vodafone store, please click here for our store locator 🙂