main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay monthly

keep getting vodaphone website when i want over 18 website

Highlighted
2: Seeker

ive confirmed my age etc been trying for 3 weeks now to get this problem sorted if i want an adult website i search for it comes up in search click on it all that comes up is the vodaphone website its driving me crazy is anybody else struggling ??

View more options
90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi,

How have you had the content blocker lifted ?

Content-control-settings/How-do-I-switch-off-content-control-on-my-mobile-device.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @alansace

As you have confirmed your age 3 times, the restriction may have been removed.  Try logging onto your online account, the restriction can be removed from there and it may be all you need to do.

If content control is still in place and cannot be removed from your online account, your best option would be to contact Vodafone.  This can be done by using live chat or calling, the benefit of live chat is being in a position to download a transcript of the conversation.

The other alternative is to call into a Vodafone Store, they will be able to make sure the restriction has been removed.

If you continue to have problems removing the restriction, please come bacck to the forum.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes of course 1st thing they tried been 3 weeks of switching on and off re-setting etc etc

View more options

LOL you are kidding ive phoned them every 2 days but everybody ive spoken to has promised to call me back from supervisors to senior techs etc etc but nobody has sorted my problem even though everytime im promised it will be sorted in 48hrs its now nearly 3 weeks the customer services are friendly but useless..

View more options
Highlighted

vodaphone have confirmed the content bar is not on 

View more options
Highlighted

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

@alansace wrote:

vodaphone have confirmed the content bar is not on 

As mentioned, try logging onto your online account.

If Vodafone have confirmed the bar has been removed, all that may be needed is for the age restriction to be removed under bars.

View more options
Highlighted

i confirmed my age with vodaphone and the senior techs have confirmed there is no content bar

View more options
Highlighted

@alansace wrote:

i confirmed my age with vodaphone and the senior techs have confirmed there is no content bar

You have of course, logged onto your online account.

The reason I mention that is the bar may be removed at network level but still remains on your online account.

View more options
Highlighted

@alansace

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Please follow the instructions provided in the message and a member of the team will be happy to help.

View more options
Highlighted

yes I have this issue too - numerous contact with vodafone help - still unresolved - very frustrating. 

View more options
Highlighted

@MIDNITE81 I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View more options
Highlighted

New to the network but same issue here,

My content control is off and secure net is off also. Had texts and cs people telling me both disabled.

If I go to an adult site with adult filter on it says content blocked. Switch it to off and the site just goes to Vodafone site map.

I can gamble to my hearts content, buy a replica handgun but am banned from seeing a pair of #####. Whereas I can go to Google images and see a whole screen of them.

If it's a block at server level then I don't pay Vodafone £20 a month to make a moral judgement on what I'm allowed to see. If this is the case the I've got no alternative but to leave.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Tinpot

We need to look into this, to see why it's happening. 

Please follow the steps that I've sent you in a private message, to get in touch.

Thanks, 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, I joined Vodafone two weeks ago and have been struggling with this too. I've turned off all the bars on the website and verified my age (well over 18) using my cc. I've spoken to some one at customer service and also had a live chat with another operator. Both have assured me the age restriction bar was lifted and I would have access to "all" websites.

Suffice it to say I don't. I either get a content control banner or the Vodafone website. 

This is quite irritating and is taking up far too much of my time, for what should be a simple request. Please can someone assist.

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted

@rameses_v I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View more options
Highlighted

Turning content control off should be a (relatively) straighforward matter.   However, a number of people are reporting problems and it looks as though there's a system issue.   This is being investigated, so there should be a solution in due course.

View more options
Highlighted
My query on this matter couldn't be solved by the the 'tech team' so it got escalated to a Superuser. They said it might take up to 5 working days.

There are a few posts scattered around the forums saying the same thing. The 'tech team' on here aren't really IT people, just customer service bods reading a script.
View more options
Highlighted

That's not correct.  The people behind the forum can fix account-related issues, but they don't deal with system-level issues.   At the moment, they're looking at how the problem manifests itself and whether fixes are required at account or system level.  Some problems are more intractable than others and, as you know, take longer to fix.

View more options