Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

keep my number problem

maggiemulpeter
2: Seeker

Hi i have ported my pay as you go number to my contract number via the websit, both are vodaphone numbers, i can receive calls but not texts, please help

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When did yoj process the request ?

This is going to have to be one for the customer service teams to look at @maggiemulpeter

If you call Customer Services they'll check that no form of split port has happened and it required pass your situation onto the relevant department. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HI i processed it on monday after 5pm, thank you

Ok so it's not that long since you did the process. Have you tried turning the phone Off and On ?

If it hasn't completed properly by tomorrow then I'd ring them. 

Be aware processes like these don't typically process / complete over a weekend. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @maggiemulpeter

If you have only ported your number today and calls are working fine, texts messages should follow. The number transfer may not be fully completed from PAYG to contract and you may well find it sorts iteself out later this afternoon.

Try sending a text message to yourself, sounds crazy but a good test,  and this will confirm any issue at network level.

@maggiemulpeter

Just noticed your reply.  If the transfer was done on Monday after 5pm, it would not have been processed until the following day and should take around 24 hours to complete.  There is still a chance everything will sort itself out later today.

Thank you both i will give it till over the weekend hopfully it will be sorted, im just a bit impatient lol, cheers x

You're very welcome. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

YouXiangNi

@maggiemulpeter wrote:

Hi i have ported my pay as you go number to my contract number via the websit, both are vodaphone numbers, i can receive calls but not texts, please help