Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

mobile number change

deacon_7336
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

why is there a £25 charge to change my mobile number. I'm fed up with calls as all hours whether it be nuisance call or work. it's not really fair. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @deacon_7336 

Unless things have changed, the first number change should be free.

You wouldn't be a new customer by any chance?  Your number may be a recycled number and the change should definitely be free.

No ive been a Vodafone customer for over 5 years. I've called 191 and all they are saying there is nothing they can do with out a fee of £25. I might pop in to store see if they can help out.

AnnS

Hi @deacon_7336 

As you have been a customer for over 5 years, it sounds like you need the help of the Team here on the forum.  They will read this thread and help where they can.

If these calls are unwanted and you have asked them to stop calling, you could remind them it is an offense to persists in calling after being requested to stop.  Also, if the numbers are known add them to your phone call blocking list.

BandOfBrothers

If your phone has a blocking feature you could add incoming numbers to that.

Changing your phone number may not guarantee calls stop unfortunately.

You can also register for tps/mobile.

Ofcom.org.uk/how-to-report-a-complaint/nuisance-calls-and-messages.

Vodafone and What-can-I-do-about-nuisance-calls.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Andy

Hi @deacon_7336. So we can look at your individual case, can you contact us on Facebook or Twitter and one of our team will be able to look at this.

If you could also include a link to this conversation thread.