Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

my contracts

JOHNBARRATT1995
4: Newbie

Hi There I wonder if you can help me I have 2 sim only contacts which expire in July/ August this year And my Vodafone app is telling me that I can keep my discounts till 2020 is this correct or will I lose them when the contracts expire ?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

From what I've read the discounts last for the time period either originally agreed by Vodafone or for the duration of the contract.

If you do nothing when the contracts reach their end date then there's a good chance as they will turn into 30 day rolling contracts the discount will continue.

However if you upgrade then your allowances and tariff refreshes which could remove the current discount and you would need to renegotiate new ones.

Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat can officially clarify @JOHNBARRATT1995

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

Please see this thread from yesterday, it has some excellent replies.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Upgrading/m-p/2619418#M48587

As mentioned in the linked thread, the discount would have been for the duration of the agreement and at the end of 12 months you may well find yourself on a equivalent 30 day roll over contract at the full price, the discount mentioned on your My Vodafone will be valid on a new 12 month SIM only agreement. 

When you are closer to your upgrade date Customer Services will be able to clarify and make some recommendations.

@ Ann so what you are saying is at the end of my 12-month contracts it will automatically go up to full price and the discount will be removed or the discount will stay and I will start a new 12 month contract is that correct?

AnnS

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

You will need to clarify with Customer Services or check your application to see when the discount ends.

Most SIM only contracts already come with a discount and when you renew there will always be new tariffs. When you agreed the contracts at the start of 12 months, the agreement was for 12 months at the discounted rate. 

Definitely renew over the phone, you will get a much better price than upgrading online or in store and being in your upgrade period will put you in a good bargaining position.

The discount would stay active on the existing contract until the date the discount is due to expire. If you do not renew you will continue to pay the discounted rate however as Vodafone often change their tariffs and prices there is no guarantee that by renewing you would get the same discount.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@JOHNBARRATT1995 the discount for you plan will usually run until the end of the contract unless stated otherwise. You can double check the exact end dates using your My Vodafone account, as sometimes they'll run for a little longer dependant on when it was applied. 

Once your 12 month contract comes to an end, you'll be automatically moved to a 30 day rolling agreement. If you don't renew this (by upgrading to a phone, or another SIM only) you'll have to pay the full amount once your discount comes to an end. If you take out a new deal, your discount will start again on your new plan.