Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

new plan, old no phone

dorotasiembida
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, my contract with vodaphone ends October 13 this year, I would like a new phone and a new plan but keep the number is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you want to take out a new Vodafone UK contract that will come naturally with a new mobile number then transfer your current mobile number to it when its run its course then customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help with that.

Or wait until your current contract is almost full term then ring 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option which will get you through to Retentions where you might ne able to broker a better deal than what's available now @dorotasiembida 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @dorotasiembida

Contact Vodafone by calling or by visiting a Vodafone store. They will be able to upgrade your account with a new phone for the same number. 

i dont want upgrade...new phone new plane with old no phone

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @dorotasiembida

Contact Vodafone by calling or by visiting a Vodafone store. They will be able to upgrade your account with a new phone for the same number. 

AnnS

@dorotasiembida wrote:

i dont want upgrade...new phone new plane with old no phone

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @dorotasiembida

You will be wanting to change to SIM only keeping the same phone. Customer Services will be able to change your tariff. Give the team a call or pop into a store. 

no no no....agin i got contract to 13 october of course i can go for the sim only,,,and order new phone with new plan but i want keep this no phone! 

AnnS

Hi @dorotasiembida 

You really are not making it very clear what you would like to do.  In  your first post you wanted a new phone with a new plan keeping the same number. I accordingly replied to answer the question.

If it's just the tariff you want changed, speak to Vodafone and they will make their recommendations.  As your contract ends October, you will be in your upgrade period and will be put on one of the latest plans.

hmm, it's very easy for me ... a new plan is cheaper than an upgrade, a new phone wants everyone, and most want to keep the old phone number ... I don't think my question is weird ... the upgrade is more expensive by 10f a month than the new plan...

If you want to take out a new Vodafone UK contract that will come naturally with a new mobile number then transfer your current mobile number to it when its run its course then customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help with that.

Or wait until your current contract is almost full term then ring 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option which will get you through to Retentions where you might ne able to broker a better deal than what's available now @dorotasiembida 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thank you i feel i get very smart answer!!!!

AnnS

Hi @dorotasiembida 

If you had explained what you were wanting to do I would have been able to give you the correct answer but you did not make this clear.

If you are wanting to take a new number through a third party or a new contract from Vodafone, the quickest way to transfer your number is by  requesting a PAC from Vodafone, this will enable to port out of Vodafone to any other network on PAYG and back in onto the new contract by completing the information on this link: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account/keep-my-number