Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone blocking

TCM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got a phone from carphone warehouse but unfortunately lost it and to claim on my insurance I need to prove is it blocked but vodafone and carphone warehouse both claim to be unable to block it , where do I go from here ?

Surely SOMEONE can block it!

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @TCM

Providing you were using a Vodafone SIM in the phone at the time of loss. there is no reason for Customer Services being unable to IMEI block the phone.

Customer Services channels should be fully aware of the procedure on blacklisting a phone purchased through a third party but if you continue to have problems getting Customer Service to action the IMEI block wait for one of the forum Team to pick up the thread and they will get the phone IMEI blocked for you to complete your insurance claim.

BandOfBrothers

It's correct that Carphone Warehouse cannot block a phone so it has to be the network. 

Dependent on the phone you might also be able to block it too to stop anyone from using it.

I appreciated that won't help with an insurance claim. 

I assume Vodafone have also blocked the SIM card ?

What has Vodafone advised in regards to your request to imei block it ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The sim has been blocked and a new one issued as regards to blocking the phone I have been told three times that c/warehouse have to block it.

AnnS

Hi @TCM

That is absolute nonsense and a disgrace that information comes from Customer Services. 

It might be worth mentioning that if you have been given a replacement SIM, it number will still be blocked and you will need to ask Vodafone to remove the block before use in an alternative phone.

As mentioned give the team time to pick up the thread,they will be able to get this sorted for you. 

BandOfBrothers

@TCM wrote:

The sim has been blocked and a new one issued as regards to blocking the phone I have been told three times that c/warehouse have to block it.

Carphone Warehouse simply do not have access that's needed to block the imei number. 

Only Networks have this access. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@TCM Can you please contact our team directly so we're able to look into your account? You can do so using the link in my private message.

A member of the team can then look into the blacklisting and assist further.