Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Number not valid"

Scotty0709
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S10E and swapped out the SIM from my old phone (I haven't ported from a different network). I'm having an issue phoning two friends where when I try calling then I get an "Number not valid" message. They're both on the EE network, which is the only thing they have in common. 

They're able to phone me and I'm able to phone other numbers & landlines without issue. It just seems to be EE networked phones where I'm getting an "Number not valid" message when I try phoning them. I didn't have this issue on my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo). Any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATE: I decided to follow the guide on http://vodafone.co.uk/internet-settings to manually setup my phone for internet via Settings>>Connections>>Mobile Networks>>Access Point Names and adding a New one. 

Once I switched to the new one I setup that resolved the issue! There must have been something wrong with the settings I got by texting WEB to 40127. 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm wondering if their numbers have been accidentally added to the number blocking facility of the phone however this would normally mean they couldn't phone you and you wouldn't be able to ring them. Its still worth looking in the settings.

Also try removing their number from.your contacts and clear any history and then re add the numbers.

Personally I can't see this being a sim card fault as its only these people on ee thats the issue.

They could ask their network to check too.

You can't go into a Samsung Experience Store for support but you could try Samsung online chat and their forum too 

Maybe the good old tried and tested method of removing the sim card, re insert and try again.

Try clearing the system cache files by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. It's worth a shot and no personal info is lost this way.

Even as a last resort maybe a factory reset.

Let us know how you get on please. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I think we've encountered this before, and that some people have trouble calling some EE numbers.  That's not hugely helpful, but hang on for the forum team to pick up this thread and see if they can shed any light.

In the end, you may need to contact the Social Media team as an account-specific query, but let's see if there's a more generalised answer first.

Edited to add: though it's very odd that this has only happened when you transferred to a new phone.  If I had any hair left, I'd be pulling it out 😂

I've been in touch with Customer Service and an order has been put in for a replacement SIM. Hopefully that makes a difference! 

UPDATE: I decided to follow the guide on http://vodafone.co.uk/internet-settings to manually setup my phone for internet via Settings>>Connections>>Mobile Networks>>Access Point Names and adding a New one. 

Once I switched to the new one I setup that resolved the issue! There must have been something wrong with the settings I got by texting WEB to 40127. 

hrym

I'm glad you're sorted, but that's even weirder, because the Web setttings shouldn't affect phone calls.

No idea why it works. If I switch back to the Contract WAP APN I get the issue again but with the APN I created manually I don't get the issue. 

hrym

Are there any obvious differences between the two?