Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Upgrade" by Vodafone - big joke.

Rachy1991
1: Seeker

So been with vodafone for 7 years, have two lines. Upgraded maybe three times. Trying to upgrade currently only to be told 130 quid for an early upgrade. On an s7...that they will give me credit of what 20 quid on....i dont see how it works. They value the handset at 130 pound....unless they are buying back when its only worth 20 pound. Doesnt ring true or fair. The poor guy on the phone couldnt explain how they calculate it. He even told me to ring back in month when the fee would have dropped. But couldnt tell me what that drop would amount to. Ive had nothing but trouble since december with vodafone. Think its time to leave. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Rachy1991 

I think the key point here is "early upgrade"

More info What-s-a-Flexi-upgrade-and-how-do-I-get-one.

You would most probably recieve a better upgrade deal when your initial contractual term has been reached. 

Then call 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option to get through to retentions.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have already tried that, after reaching the end of my contract.  Was told that no discounts are available,  and to go for a cheaper option. They pretty much have me over a barrel as where I work, the only reliable signal is Vodafone. So a cheaper phone it is then.

BandOfBrothers

That or consider upgrading in somewhere like Carphone Warehouse who maybe able to offer you closer to what your looking for.

However discounts such as VEA Employers Discount is only available when upgrading directly with Vodafone. 

And ensure they upgrade you and not take out a 2nd line and suggest you then move your mobile number across to it.

However you proceed I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.