Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

recovery of conversation

yorktone
1: Seeker

i changed my tariff yesterday and i have been charged more than the quoted price. i never got a copy of my conversation emailed and not getting any help from live chat. i have been conned

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@yorktone 

Can you check for any emails both in your normal inbox and in your spam folders please.

If Vodafone have given you a deal over and above the normal tariff this will show as a discount at the bottom of your bill as they cannot alter the tariff price which will always show at the full price.

If you contact Live Chat again or ring Customer services on 191 they can look at this for you and clarify.

Just to add you do have a 30 day cooling off period to put your contract back to what it was pre upgrade if you need to.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here can no longer help with account access required assistance via this forum, but they can help via Facebook or Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @yorktone 

After upgrading or changing your tariff your charges can always be confusing. 

The reason for this will be pro ratered charges, when you upgrade or change your tariff, as this will not be for a full month you are charged a proportion of the line rental up to the next billing date, plus any line rental paid in advance for the previous tariff is credited back pro rata. If you log onto your online account, you will be able to see the tariff change with the line rental including any discount arrangement.  If you are looking at the application, you won't be able to get an accurate breadown during the pro rata period. 

The information you see on your account is unbilled and you need to wait until you receive your next bill giving you something to go you will then be able to check the billing dates.

Vodafone should also send email confirmation of everything agreed within the following week.

If you are not satisfied or need further clarification when you receive the following bill, you will be able to take this up with Customer Services or come back to the forum for help from the Team.