Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

required noitce to end contract?

johnconstable
4: Newbie

vodafone have been unbelievably crap to night.
After being charged a whopping 23 quid for a call that was local from a landline I wanted to complain and I was told by 'deepak' basically thats what they do, it was my fault, it was in my contract and i should be careful not to do  it again.
So I decided to leave and asked him how much notice I needed to give. He wouldnt tell me and just kept repeating call cost t&cs to me which made me even more angry.
I got transferred and waited, and waited, and waited. Every minute an apology came up and saud someone would be with me soon.
Then the ended the chat.
So hopefully someone on here can tell me what notice i need to give? I want to make sure I have another supplier before I swap. What a shame. I dont do it lightly. I've been a loyal customer for nearly 2 decades and they just treay you like dirt.

10 REPLIES 10

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Was your call to a Number in Jersey/IOM? Because that is not considered a Local Call.

Regarding moving, if you are out of contract, then just decide on who you want to move to, ring Vodafone and ask for PAC. Give that to your new provider, then your Number will be transferred and that will automatically end your Vodafone Contract.

Pay the Final Bill and that will be it. If you are still in Contract then your Final Bill will include Early Termination Fee.

thanks that's excellent. I'm out of contract. The number is for a wheelchair company in the west midlands and when i called them before it was on my landline and just a local rate.

What are the first four digits of the phone number?

If it is 0845, then it is not Local Number, it is Lo-Call number. And All 08 number except Freephone are not free.

And all major companies now have moved their major Contact number to 0345.

Its 0845. I didn't expect a free call. Even if it had been a little more I wouldn't have been bothered but this worked out at 60p a minute which had been a local cost on my landline. 
It was my error, and a simple one to make which cost me 23 quid. Its their attitude that finished me off for good this time. I dont appreciate bieng told it was my fault, it's what they do, its in my contact and i should be more careful in future. Slight paraprhrasing but only slighly. Diplomacy costs nothing.

I am sorry to disagree. Rather be straight and frank than sugar coating it.

It clearly outlined in the T&Cs, what is included in your Free Calls and charges for calling 08 numbers is clear.

So what else did you expect the Agent to say?

i expected some politeness and courtesy. It costs nothing. I appreciate your loyalty to VF but anyone schooled in customer relations will tell you that a lack of diplomacy is counterproductive.

@johnconstable 

Just a few tips if you do request a Pac.

Use it within 30 days of Vodafone issuing it by giving it to your new network because if not you'll need to ask for another. 

Leave your direct debit Live because it takes around 2-4 weeks for Vodafone to create the final bill.

It's paid by your DD and then you'll receive a Sorry Your Leaving Letter and £0 bill. Keep these to prove its cancelled.

If your phones locked out to Vodafone Uk then it could be worth unlocking it so you can either use it on another network as a back up phone and or if you intend to sell it this may increase its street value.

Test other networks via a Payg sim card is my advice before signing up as all network's have fringe coverage and not spots.

Don't rely on online network checkers as they give an indication only.

However you proceed I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Excellent advice - thanks. I've chosen virgin but I'll do a bit more  checking first.

@johnconstable wrote:

Excellent advice - thanks. I've chosen virgin but I'll do a bit more  checking first.

You're very welcome @johnconstable 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.