Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim card

Novice24
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

about to change Vodafone sim free card from from my old phone to a new Samsung smartphone anything else I need to do.  Do I need to inform Vodafone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Novice24 

As long as your current Vodafone Sim Card is the right size to fit your new phone and the new phone is unlocked to all network's or is locked to Vodafone so It'll accept the sim you shouldn't have any issues and there is no need to inform Vodafone Customer services.

You can use your sim card in any phone you wish to.

If the sim isn't the right size and it's not a multi sim type affair where one sim size pushes out of another then any Vodafone Highstreet Store can perform a Sim swap in house. Take Photo ID.

Or Customer Services can send a blank sim card and then you do the sim swap at home via the sim swap page.

What-is-a-SIM-swap-and-how-long-does-it-take. 

Do perform any applicable back ups so your information and contacts can be moved over to the new phone.

You may need to set up the new Samsung phone for Internet usage if Vodafone haven't supplied the phone.

Text WEB to 40127 and follow the prompts.

How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings/39805/ 

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk 

Create a Samsung Account if you haven't already for your new phone.

May I ask are you Pay Monthly or a Payg Vodafone customer  ?

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Novice24 

As long as your current Vodafone Sim Card is the right size to fit your new phone and the new phone is unlocked to all network's or is locked to Vodafone so It'll accept the sim you shouldn't have any issues and there is no need to inform Vodafone Customer services.

You can use your sim card in any phone you wish to.

If the sim isn't the right size and it's not a multi sim type affair where one sim size pushes out of another then any Vodafone Highstreet Store can perform a Sim swap in house. Take Photo ID.

Or Customer Services can send a blank sim card and then you do the sim swap at home via the sim swap page.

What-is-a-SIM-swap-and-how-long-does-it-take. 

Do perform any applicable back ups so your information and contacts can be moved over to the new phone.

You may need to set up the new Samsung phone for Internet usage if Vodafone haven't supplied the phone.

Text WEB to 40127 and follow the prompts.

How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings/39805/ 

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk 

Create a Samsung Account if you haven't already for your new phone.

May I ask are you Pay Monthly or a Payg Vodafone customer  ?

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

I pay monthly.  Thank you for the sim card information/instruction, it was exactly what I wanted to know and more.  Amazing, I did not expect a reply so quick and so detailed.  I will be receiving my new phone tomorrow.

Regards

Novice24

BandOfBrothers

Your very welcome @Novice24 

Please don't hesitate to come back if you would like any information or advice from the members here in regards to your new phone or anything else.

Exciting times ahead.  :Smiling:

Take care.  

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

hrym

I'll just add that I've swapped to SIM-nly a couple of times and it's seamless.