Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

pddaks
4: Newbie

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. 

I've Galaxy S7 Edge phone on small business pay monthly account. I wanted to use other network SIM with this phone. When I insert other netowrk's SIM it prompts me to enter PUK

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

I've contacted Vodafone at least 4 times in past 2 months to get this issue resolved but still no one in their team has been able to figure out what to do. 

FYI I haven't entered any incorrect SIM/Code or any other thing in phone or have done anything wrong with SIM.

And yes I've already tried that link where you request NUC and also a PUK was provided by their support on chat. None of these helped. I don' tneed NUC. I need them to unlock phone to be used with any other SIM. There is nothing wrong with other netowrk SIM either it works perfectly on other unlocked phone. 

It's vodafone who have to unlock phone to let me use it with any other SIM. How on the Earth I communicate this to them so that they understand it and resolve my issue. 

Any help?

133 REPLIES 133

Hello Adam!

Thanks for the answere.

Please write me, if you need more information (IMEI number, os etc.).

Yes, i am living in Hungary, but as i wrote you, the hungaryan costumer service can not help me. I tryed 4 occasions personally in the shop, in two separately town, and one more by phone by the central hungaryan costumer service. There answere was, give my phone into the mechanik service for two weeks, and they will try to reinstall the whole phone, and they will se.

They never hear from master code.

I am waiting the informations.

Thanks

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi again @kaloz01 - We only have access to Vodafone UK accounts I'm afraid. We wouldn't be able to pass security with you to help with your query. We'd only be able to advise to contact Vodafone locally and nip in to a shop for further help. I appreciate you've already done this. 

You need to enter the mastercode first. The phone will say Network Unlock Unsuccessful, then enter the PUK. It should then unlock. You have to do both in that order. 

Where do you get a master code please?

As far as I remember, the mastercode is the unlocking code that I ordered from the Vodafone website. I also paid for one on an unlocking app but it was the same code as I got from Vodafone so I persisted with it. When I used both codes together (mastercode and PUK) they worked. I found that advice on some forum or other.

Ok I will try but I don't hold much hope ,I'll let you know ok .Thanks

@Philip11 Did you manage to get this to work for you?

NO ..so frustrating

It's a joke  No one in the call centre knows what to do.  They're oblivious to the idea that we need a master code 

I v seen quite a good amount of problems like mine on this forum,have they ever been resolved to your knowledge