Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim query

Deetoxicity
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

i’m planning on buying a new phone out right  and it won’t come with a sim. i currently have a contract with vodafone with large amounts of allowance. is there any way i can use my current contract for the new phone (ie: a second sim card?) i don’t want to pay for a sim only deal if i can avoid the high costs and just use my current allowances on the 2nd phone. i am aware that vodafone red+ etc has now discontinued but is there anything like this in its place?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As long as the phone your buying accepts a Vodafone Sim Card you can use your current Vodafone Sim Card in any phone you want to.

Unfortunately you are unable to have two separate sim cards with your current tariff and mobile number on them to be able to use them in both phones.

You could pick up a Vodafone Payg Sim Card if you wish to use in one of your phones if you dont want a 2nd line on your contract / sim only or switch your current Vodafone Sim Card from one phone to the other when needed or if the phone your buying is a Hybrid Duos sim card model you can use two sim cards in the phone at once. It's specifications will tell you if it's a dual sim phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Deetoxicity 

The first thing to do is to make sure the SIM is the same size for the new phone.  If you need a replacement SIM, a Vodafone Store will provide the new SIM.

The contract is airtime only, you are able to use the SIM in any other phone, no need to take out an additional contract, the only thing you may need to do is to download the internet settings by texting WEB to 40127. 

There is nothing similar to the Red Sharer and then it was only data that could be shared with other numbers.