Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

spotify - only chargable options

TOMARMSON574
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i got a red value bundle which comes with 24 months entertainment, the link came and inclusive spotify was there but had to wait for my premium subscritption to end... went back when on spotify free and had no inclusive entertainment options just £9.99/month spotify or £4.99 sky sports. numerous calls and live chats to customer service absolutely no help just keep saying they will reset the entertainment pack sending me the link over and over again and promising it will be on tomorrow for well over a week now... anyone else had these problems or got sorted?

40 REPLIES 40

@expectingtofly wrote:

What I would like to do, is just send a simple email, that states that facts and ask for it please to be resolved.  Then the complany can deal with that email by telling me they have received it and that they will endeavour to resolve.  They can then take the the appropriate time, then email me back with the resolution.  That would be normal.  

But I can't, there is no email address,  I have to phone or live chat and get frustrated and take up hours of everybodies time.

Unfortunately there is no email address.  Firstly, it is not a secure method of transmitting account details in order for the customer service person to access the account.  Then, if the person sending the email doesn't provide enough detail, there can be lots of emails back and forth to try get to the bottom of the issue.  If the average response time to an email is 48 hours, it could literally take weeks to sort out something that could be done in minutes over the phone. 

Also, having a publicly available email address results in loads of spam.

That all being said, an issue like yours should be resolved quickly either over the phone or via LiveChat but I am not sure why it hasn't been.  Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

PWIAC

@drey_p wrote:

That all being said, an issue like yours should be resolved quickly either over the phone or via LiveChat but I am not sure why it hasn't been.  Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

Yes, I have tried all suggestions

I am in the same dystopian nightmare as  @TOMARMSON574 . where you contact vodafone, they forward you to the "tech team" where somebody listens to your problem (that you have explained many times) they say " I see the problem it will be fixed in 24 hours or 15 minutes or 72 hours ( delete as applicable )" whatever length of time means you won't stay on the phone.  You then hang up with the empty feeling that it will never be resolved.  That is why I would like to send a traceable message that somebody can reply to.  Your description of a lengthy exchange of emails sounds very appealling right now, even if it takes weeks!   

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established
@expectingtofly pretty much sums up my feeling of Vodafone, they are by far the worst mobile phone company I've dealt with. I'm not saying others are perfect, far from it, but the fact that you know you will need to ring back up and speak to someone and explain it all again is too frustrating!

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

@jonspittle  Yes I agree, they have something fundamental missing from their processes.  I think it the fact that nobody will take responsability for a problem beyond the length of a phone call or chat.  Other companies (as you say, although not perfect) at least have that.  Most other companies have this kind of thing in their processes : They'll say " I can't fix your problem right now, but we will call you back on ......  to give you an update".  Vodafone's employees just don't seem to have that capability in their processes.  Which makes it very very frustrating for thier customers.

For what its worth, (in case anyone from vodafone monitors this forum) this is my problem.   I signed up for this 12GB Red Value Bundle that included 12 months free entertainment (spotify, Now Tv, Sky sports) (originally I was charged the wrong amount, but that's another painful story)

When I follow the link in the text confirming the offer or go to http://offers.vodafone.co.uk/gb, the option is not there to sign up, I only get 2 of the 3 options and they are both chargable :

Capture2.PNG

Hi @expectingtofly

I understand your frustration. 

I'm going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise

Hi I've got similar problems with the Spotify subscription. The correct Spotify Offer is there to choose for subscription, but I can't get it to work. What I want to know is the exact steps to sort this out, as the chat and phone get you nowhere.

I have an existing Spotify premium subscription, so I do I need to cancel this, before triggering the Vodafone subscription? If I cancel it, do I need to wait for the end date of my subscription to pass before triggering it?

Thanks

Hi @Paul-w99

According to the Vodafone FAQ :

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Offers-and-rewards/Spotify/38910175/What-if-I-m-already-a-Spotify-Prem...

You need to cancel your current subscription and wait until it becuomes a free account again.

However, be warned, that is what I did and it was the beginning of my tale of woe (still not resolved), as when my spotify account expired and I was ready to follow their process stated in the FAQ, the spotify offer could no longer be accessed.

Hopefully it will go much smoother for you

Hello @paul_w99

Please follow the steps here for help with this. 

Hello @expectingtofly

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. 

Have you emailed our team through the PM I have sent you. Have they been in touch? Please can you provide an update on what's happening?

Hello @Matt_L68

The best way forward is to call our team directly on 191 from a Vodafone mobile and we will look into this for you.

Louise

Louise_E wrote:

Hello @expectingtofly

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. 

Have you emailed our team through the PM I have sent you. Have they been in touch? Please can you provide an update on what's happening?

Louise

Hello @Louise_E 

Yes, thank you,  I have been in touch using the ticketing system you provided,  and I am in the process of being helped.  It's going slowly, but it feels soooooo much better to have a problem tracked and owned, rather than being in the cycle of phone call after phone call explaning the same thing over and over again.
It does beg the question, why doesn't vodaphone provide that capabiltiy to everybody who has a problem until waiting until they get frustated and complain on a forum or social media? very odd.

Hi @expectingtofly

I'm happy to hear this is being investigated for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Our email teams can only look into certain issues - for this reason, you must be referred to them directly to ensure our team can help you successfully.

Louise