Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unreasonable waiting time

batemansxxxb
4: Newbie

i've twice been trying to get through to cancelations, with waiting times in excess of 20 mins,coincidentally i redialled & chose upgrafdes i got through straight away,i'm sick of eing ripp,ed off by vodafone for my sim only deal,i'm currently paying £14 for 4gb data,yet voda are offering new customers the same deal for £8.00, when i got through to upgrades the guyi spoke to didn't have a clue & thought i was referring to uswitch,he said the cheapest deal voda offer is 1gb for £11.00

very poor service

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @batemansxxxb 

I appreciate you maybe trying to broker a deal by speaking to cancellations and best of luck with that and I hope they do give you a deal. I suspect your chooing the thinking of leaving option when ringing 191.

However if your wanting to leave then the process has changed to make leaving simpler. A person not at the end of their contract term may face an early termination fee.

To switch and keep your mobile number – text ‘PAC’ to 65075

If you want to switch and keep your existing phone number, text ‘PAC’ to 65075 to begin the process.

Your current provider will reply by text within a minute. They will send you your PAC, which will be valid for 30 days. Their reply must also include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances.

You then give the PAC to your new provider and they must arrange for the switch to be completed within one working day.

This new process is designed to be quick and easy, so you could request your PAC while looking for a new deal – for example, while on the phone to a new provider, or in store.

To switch and get a new mobile number – text ‘STAC’ to 75075

While most people want to keep their mobile number when they switch, around one in six do not.

To switch and get a new number, text ‘STAC’ to 75075 to request a ‘service termination authorisation code’. The rest of the process is the same as above. This takes away the hassle of having to talk to your current provider if you simply want to leave them.

Further information in How-do-I-get-a-PAC-or-STAC-code-to-leave-Vodafone. and How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @batemansxxxb 

Please post a link to where the deal is offered for 4GB data for £8.00.  I have looked and the closest I can see is 5GB for £15.00.  As this link:  Vodafone SIM only

If you are paying £14.00 for 4GB you are certainly not being overcharged.  However, as far as is known, Vodafone can only discount the unlimited tariffs.   One thing I will say in Vodafone's defense is they don't give new customers preference deals, tariffs are fairly charged with all customers new and existing paying the same.

i've since signed up to o2 via mobiles.co.uk

Vodafone seem uninterested in loyal customers of many years & being unable to contact either by phone or live chat online,so my loyalty to Vodafone ended today. the deal i quoted is here  https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/basics/b/?cid=aff-wvm/mltprd/_140399...

Please be aware that these are only available to be upgraded online, and thats why over the phone and webchat cant put through those deals. Also as stated at the bottom, they are BASIC sim plans (rather than essentials or red extra/entertainment) these sims include NO roaming. You cant use your vodafone sim if you go out of the UK.

As stated "Vodafone Basics plans are for use in the UK only. Roaming is unavailable on all Vodafone Basics SIMs. Only emergency calls are available abroad.

No discounts, promotions, offers, or flexible upgrades are compatible with Vodafone Basics. This includes the Vodafone Advantage Scheme. For further detail see our: Airtime agreement and charges guide 2018 [PDF:

736kb]"

Also, you can't upgrade until the 12 months has finished with no flexi upgrade option so you're stuck with it full term, whereas on a normal contract you can upgrade to a handset deal after 3 months.

Thats why they are so much cheaper. Therefore not worth the cheaper rate in my opinion.

TWALSH244
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am at this minute waiting to cancel and I have now been on hold for 1 hour 22 minutes😫

AnnS

Hi @TWALSH244 

Please see below and cancel by PAC or STAC

Cancel contract  

Hi there, It is a brand new contract with a new phone that i want to cancel under the 14 cooling off/changed my mind period. I have to telephone them apparently according to their online chat that i contacted first. I hung up after 1hour and 50 mins as my landline rang. I am now currently on the line to them again and up to now i have been waiting for 1 hour 10 mins 

I am still holding on 2hours and 2mins now but i am determined to g

et it sorted

Absolute joke... recently added a new line which needs canceling. Been on hold 1 hour 43 minutes and counting...... I've got better things to do than sit on the phone for hours... pick the god dam phone up