Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

upgrade

stinsongy
2: Seeker

im going to be eligble to upgrade from saturday and im set on the s10 plus however 02 have the same deal as voda but it is 20 pound cheaper upfront cost and 3 pound cheaper a month, would voda price match or am i better off just moving over to 02?

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @stinsongy 

The only way to find out is to call Upgrades and ask the question, as you are in your upgrade period, you should be in a good bargaining position.  

If you change networks, one thing to remember that this is your upgrade period and not your contract end date, if you change now you will be liable for payment up to the contract end date and pay monthly contracts are subject to 30 days notice.

Hi cc Annes

I spoke to 2 different people 3 days ago and I was told to give them 30 days notice because I wanted to cancel my contract as they could not price match and could not offer a better deal on update as promised few weeks ago. Today I called to cancel and I was told there was no need to request cancellation, all I had to do was request a pac code. He also started telling me how pointlesss it was for to go for more data as I did not need it. They offered me less data and more money than what other network company were offering 

Starbust66

My advice would be leave vodafone and go for the cheaper deal. I was promised a very good deal at upgrade but voda could not offer better deal or price match the other companies. Their customer service is poor as non of the staff know what they are doing, they will all tell you something different. They don't value their customers. I am leaving and taking my service else where. There is a lot better deals out there than what voda is offering and they promise to price match but they don't. 

stinsongy

yeah my contract ends in june so it would be under 90 to pay the contract off and it would still work out cheaper over the course of the contract so if they cant match it it looks like ill be changing providers

BandOfBrothers

I agree it's a good idea to try and get deals etc but a person switching networks to get a better tariff deal could end up with a cheaper per month tariff but not such a good user experience when it comes to network signal and data speeds. 

Do not rely on online network checkers as these only give an expected strength. 

My advice is to use a networks Payg sim card for a short time where you live, work and commute to properly check out what to expect. 

Carphone Warehouse can sometimes better what the network offers but just be 100% clear to them you want to upgrade and not take out a 2nd line and then have to transfer your mobile number to it.

You become CPW's customer with Vodafone providing the signal and collecting payment.

Discounts such as Employers VEA is only available on contracts taken out directly with Vodafone.

All the best.    :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I seemed to get a better upgrade deal this year on the website than phoning. As usual with Vodafone, the website crashed, and wouldn't complete the order. I phoned and they couldn't offer me the same loyalty discount and data that I got offered online. I kept trying online and eventually it went through.

yeah i was on 02 originally but got voda through carphone as the deal was cheaper, now 02 is the cheapest one on offer again even if i go through voda directly, no customer loyalty at voda im afraid