Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

upograde

Jester03
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi im due an upgrade and after note 10 plus so looked online and have found it considerably cheaper elsewhere even on vodafone network so called to discuss no use or help whatsoever even though have been a business customer for 15 yrs was told to call back monday to arrange PUK number and paying off rest of my contract think that is appalling customer service and a good way of keeping your customers not so why are you so expensive compared to other companies even when they connect to your network 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you at the early upgrade stage or are you actually at the end of your contractual term @Jester03 

If the latter then your in a better bargaining place.

It would be a shame to get a Pac / Stac and move networks if they can't  / won't do a deal.

I-need-a-PAC-or-STAC. 

Sometimes getting the Pac which is valid for 30 days and just sitting on it can invoke a follow up call to try and retain you but that's not guaranteed.

When you rand did you choose the Thinking of Leaving option to speak to the Retentions Team ? My advice is to ring again and speak to the Retentions Team as you may get another agent who can help you better.

Of course if a person is after a flagship phone  or newly launched phone then the deals are sometimes not as sweeter.

I have the Note 10+ 5G and it's an awesome phone.

You could look at Carphone Warehouse to upgrade but they'll probably want you to take out a new contract and then you'll probably need to mess around getting your current mobile number moved onto the new contract.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HI  I am at the early stage and did speak to retention department and what a load of rubbish when i explained that i had found it cheaper and gave them many examples it should not matter that i am not at end of my contract as i would just pay that off and leave and pay off all my other lines as i am a business customer if that is they way they treat there customers of 15yrs 

BandOfBrothers

Ok so as your at the early stage of your upgrade then Vodafone's Systems will just see that status of the contract.

May I ask did you offer to pay the Early Termination Fee to wind up the contract ?

What-will-my-early-termination-fee-ETF-be. 

Unfortunately they are not obliged to match or better an independents offer @Jester03 

It's then your choice to wait until the contract has come to it's end of the contractual term and then see what's on offer or pay off the contract and then see about upgrading or buy the phone sim free and automatically drop onto a 30 day rolling contract or jump ship.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Yes told them I would pay cancellation fee of this contract and consider paying off all my contracts with them as business customer due to them being so much more for less data minutes and txts and wanting up front fee 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Jester03 

I would suggest to try again but that's upto you.

Current Phone  >

I had some handy advice from a lovely advisor one-time who I chatted with for quite some time but at the end of the phone call he said to me when you're ready to upgrade no matter what you do do not go through to the upgrade department you are a gold Member Vodafone account which means you will be able to get much better offers than the upgrades department will offer I did as he said and lo and behold he was absolutely right don't know if this helps but it sometimes takes 1 helpful member of staff to make things clear for you doesn't it