Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone texts

Ricky599
4: Newbie

ok.

a little background.. i live and work in Germany and have done for the past 4 years.

in the past 6-8 weeks i have been getting texts from vodafone telling me my data roaming is free. great. thanks for the reminder.

this is then followed by if ive set a spending limit then relax spending manager is working hard to protect me. again, thanks for the reminder.

However i get these reminders twice, sometimes 3-4 times a week.

and always around 5.00am in the morning.. due to my job i need message alerts on my phone, so i guess you can imagine being woke at stupid o'clock in the morning doesn't go down too well. especially up to 4times a week, even on weekendsi might add. i have now phoned customer service, customer complaints to resolve this they have blocked MMS and SMS on my phone to stop the so called texts getting to me.  this hasn't worked as i still get them. I am now told that there is nothing else Vodafone can do to stop the texts.

If i was to travel to Holland and back on a regular basis or even back home to the UK then yes  i would expect to get the texts, however i don't.  i live in one appartment and only drive15 minutes to work.. Both in the same country i might add.

i have had £40.00 credited to my account for the inconvenience so far with the promise that i will no longer get any texts from Vodafone.

As i have already said.. i have now been informed by Vodafone that these messages cannot be stopped or turned off.

This is truly unbelievable in todays technology.

Where do i take this as i no longer want to keep vodafone as my network.?

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for that Donnyguy. I’ve done as you suggested I’ll see what happens with the next unwanted text. Although I’ve no idea why Vodafone’s tech gurus couldn’t have suggested that. It’s strange that they’ve paid £40.00 into my account for the inconvenience though, which suggests they know they are in the wrong keep sending the automated texts.

like I’ve already stated, they knew I lived in Germany when I took the contract out as I was totally up front about it, so if they want to terminate my contract then go ahead, but I won’t be paying a termination fee.😁