Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

voicemail security code

lbutler3
1: Seeker

Hello!

I am a student living abroad in central Europe for the year. My mum pays for my contract but since I am living abroad I cannot access my voicemail without the security code. I don't know the code, nor does my mother. How can I rectify this? Can I do it on my own or do I need my mum to sort it out?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @lbutler3

The problem you are going to have is the voicemail security code has to be set up through your voicemail settings in the UK on the local network,  it cannot be done when you are roaming on an overseas network, this information is on the following link :How do I check my voicemail? There is also further help and support on this link: How do I set up a security PIN on voicemail?

As you are abroad for an extended period of of time, global roaming is only intended for short periods of overseas travel such as holiday use and this is specified under the fair usage policy for global roaming terms and conditions.  If you are going to be abroad for a year, you may be better off getting a local SIM card for the country your are in.

hrym

Do you come back to the UK at all?   If so, you'll be able to set a code while you're here.  The default is 3333, but you can't access voicemail abroad, or from another phone, unless you've changed it.

The only other possibility is that the forum team can set up a code for you.  If that's possible, they'll contact you privately to take you details - but I don't know whether it can be done.  The added complication will be if the account is in you mother's name, as she'll need to give permission for you to operate it (she can do this by calling 191 and adding your details).

Keep an eye on this thread to see if they respond.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hrym Unfortunately it's not possible for us to set this security pin up on behalf of a customer. It needs to be done on the phone whilst in the UK and by dialling our automated system - instructions here

hrym

In that case, @lbutler3, your only option is to set a PIN when you're in the UK.

63johnw

@hrym wrote:

In that case, @lbutler3, your only option is to set a PIN when you're in the UK.

Or send the phone back to the uk for someone to set it up and then send it back?