Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube - why can't I order it online?

glcat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want to buy a gigacube. For some reason I need to chat to someone to do this (last time I did this it took over an hour to get through to someone). Why can't I just buy one!

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Because the Gigacube is connected to a data plan they'll want to take you through applying to have one I suspect @glcat 

vodafone.co.uk/gigacube/#gigcube-plans 

You can use Live Chat to get started with this who are generally pretty fast and getting connected to an agent with.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Interesting idea, but given that you can by a SIM only data plan or a MIFI unit with data plan online, this doesn't seem to be the answer.

BandOfBrothers

Fair enough @glcat 

Perhaps have a word with customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger to acquire the answer.

Would you update your thread please.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @glcat! An adviser is required to confirm that your home address is eligible to connect to the Gigacube Plan, based on indoor coverage being available in your area. I hope this helps 🙂

Surely a postcode checker would do exactly the same. Unfortunately this means a process that would take less than 5 mins online takes over an hour.

A postcode checker such as the Network Status Checker we already have, will only provide an overall picture of how we expect the network to perform in a certain area @vodauser999. For devices such as the Gigacube or services such as broadband, we need to run a more detailed premise check to see how the network is performing at a specific property 🙂 

Interested to know what these checks are, having just bought one and not getting 5G indoors!

I have the same problem want to buy one with a plan. I just do not want to chat to anyone. Unless they are going to give me a discount for wasting my time. Reason is i spent 2 days chatting to people at Dell tying to sort out the 3 grand computer I just ordered twice now.  Due to them messing up the Order then sending the computer without the monitor.  So chatting to people is not my thing TODAY.

Two years on and still people get the same problem.  I want a contract with it the unlimited one.  Just not in chatting mood.

Push a button pay for it wait for it to arrive is my thing.  2 days trying to sort out delivery for a 3 grand computer by chatting and getting nowhere. Not a fan of Chatting unless face to face.  Do not own a mobile phone.