Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube with different sim

Clarkepa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We live in the country and don't have the option for fibre internet. So we use a gigacube for our whole internet. We work long hours so watch streamed Tele from iPlayer etc.

Vodafone have told us we can no longer have unlimited internet on their 4g plan. They have no other option for us. 

Has anyone used a data only sim in the gigacube? Does that work?

Also do I have any other options ?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Clarkepa 

See here:  GigaCube the legal Terms.  You will see that you purchase the equipment and a GigaCube plan, the equipment and plan have to be purchased from Vodafone for both features to work correctly.  

If it unlimited you are looking for Vodafone do offer unlimited data with the GigaCube.

The other alternative would be a data SIM with the fastest speed possible here: data SIM in a 4G router.

They no longer do a 4g unlimited. 

I can't get 5g where I live. 

The other small hub thing they have with a data SIM seems to be a quarter of the speed and 1/6 of the connections.

I don't understand why I can't just use a data SIM in the gigacube

AnnS

Hi @Clarkepa 

You can still take an unlimited 5G, GigaCube plan, you may only be able to receive 4G at your location, but this will dependent of signal available.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Clarkepa. As @AnnS suggested, the 5G Gigacube is capable of connecting to a 4G network if available. You can take a look at the level of coverage to expect in your area using our network coverage checker here.