Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LAN gremlin

huggyheaven
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

I have enjoyed a Gigacube for a year now with fantastic speeds.

However, a few days ago a gremlin has sneaked into the system and ruined it. The problem is ( I think) to do with the two LAN outputs.

I have 1 LAN cable going to my computer and another to a Netgear Power line plug which sends the internet downstairs to a similar plug which attaches to the TV. The light on the Netgear Powerline plug is showing red which it never used to do which suggests speeds are below 8mbs (even though laptop speed checker say over 100)

Also - and this is really odd- when I switch on my computer in the morning it won't link up to the LAN cable - only wifi. If I take out the LAN cable attached to  the Netgear plug, it will then go to LAN.

I've tried factory resetting everything but to no avail. Hope there's someone out there who can help. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

MarkD

Hi @huggyheaven, how long has this been happening for? Can you check our Network Status Checker here to see if anything is happening in the area? 

Yes, there is work going on about half a mile away. This all seems v strange considering I'm getting all 3 green lights on the gigacube but the LAN connections from it are playing up

From the start date on the Network Status Checker, does this tie in with when your issue started? 🙂

Hi Mark

No there is no start date listed but the anticipated end time is 6 o'clock tonight.

It could be worth checking to see if you get any improvement once the work is fully completed. If you're still having an issue after 6pm, please drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook with your full postcode, account number and Community username. You can find all of our contact details here

Thanks Mark