Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Wifi Calling

keyser6666666
2: Seeker

Hi All, network admin here.  A whole dept of ours works in a new building in a basement and do not receive any cellular signal.  

Their mobile phones all have Wifi calling activated on their tariff as well as the ios addon.  This has been tested to be working with unrestricted wifi connection (home broadband routers) and celluar signal turned off. 

However when their phones are connected to our ad-hoc network via a sonicwall router I have installed they connect to the wifi signal but Wifi Calling does not work.  Clearly I need to enable some routing on the firewall to let the wifi traffic in and out.

Does anyone know what the IP address that are used nad port numbers etc are?  I cannot find anything for vodafone using my google fu but have seen some documents and forum posts for other UK celluar companies.

4 REPLIES 4

keyser6666666

Sorry for the X Posting

Hi All, network admin here.  A whole dept of ours works in a new building in a basement and do not receive any cellular signal.  

Their mobile phones all have Wifi calling activated on their tariff as well as the ios addon.  This has been tested to be working with unrestricted wifi connection (home broadband routers) and celluar signal turned off. 

However when their phones are connected to our ad-hoc network via a sonicwall router I have installed they connect to the wifi signal but Wifi Calling does not work.  Clearly I need to enable some routing on the firewall to let the wifi traffic in and out.

Does anyone know what the IP address that are used nad port numbers etc are?  I cannot find anything for vodafone using my google fu but have seen some documents and forum posts for other UK celluar companies.

Anyone?

So the port number appears to be 4500 and the IP that I'm currently connected to is 88.82.11.221 which is part of the block 88.82.0.0/19 (19???).

*I'd not take that as being definitive, and it's worth noting that I'm not only set up for WiFi calling (VoWiFi), but also for 4G (HD voice) calling - on my far more lowly phone!

**IP data obtained from Router connection logs alone

Thanks Crimson for your post it is most helpful as I still haven’t found any info in relation to Vodafone yet can find the IP address ranges and port numbers for all the other UK mobile companies.

will give it a go on Monday adding that IP range and port number and see what happens.  I will pop back here and post the results, whether positive or not, in the hope that it may help someone else in the future 

thanks again mate