Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Alternative

David200
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I live in a remote area with limited phone reception and run my business from home. For years I have used a Sure Signal which worked fine but is now disconnected so I am forced to use  Wifi calling. I have a Samsung S20 5G phone.

For around half my calls the other person cannot hear me, if cuts in and out very quickly so they only get every other word although I can hear them clearly.  Consequently I have been forced to use Whatsapp calling or the old landline. 

Vodaphone have 'refreshed' the line 3 x but still the same problem persists. Is anyone else having the same the problem or know of a solution?

Thanks

76 REPLIES 76

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @roylong - I've a relative who has a fall alarm and she doesn't have a mobile, it currently works through her landline. With you mentioning the mobile signal is so poor, it may be worth looking into an alternative type of fall alarm. I'm sorry I'm not able to recommend or comment on ones out there. 

Thanks Gemma, If you can confirm which one, that would be great.

My experience of those devices using the Landline is that they have a base station which needs to be plugged into the phone line; but then transmission to the actual device can be a bit hit and miss due to old stone walls in their cottage, some are about three feet thick!

If the one you are mentioning has a good range, then this may be an option.

Roy.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@roylong - I'd love to help, although I'm not able to recommend which one is used on here. I'd advise to do some internet searches for what would suit your relatives home set up the best. I hope you find something suitable. 

As usual Vodafone being their most helpful. Take away Suresignal that worked and left us with no signal. Wifi calling total waste of time in rural communities.

Thanks Gemma, but all the internet searched I have turned up do not have a very viable alternative for this situation.

BRING BACK FEMTOCELLs.

westo123
4: Newbie

We live in a remote part of Cornwall with no reception. Had 2 Suresignals for years and they are great. It is disgusting they are turning them off. So we will be going elsewhere. I'm sure and hope they will loose many loyal customers by doing this. 

It's just a scam by Vodafone to get rid of awkward customers who live in an area with no Vodafone signal.

I'm leaving them too after nearly 30 years