main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Sure Signal/ GigaCube

Sure Signal Blown Up - again.....

chumpfry1
2: Seeker

Here we go again, today my Sure Signal has blown up again. This is the third if not fourth unit to do so, all at about the 2-3 year mark. 

Once again, smell of burning and has tripped out all of the electrics in the house. 

Please contact me to rectify this Vodafone. 

Thanks

Chris

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately there is no account access via the forum @chumpfry1 

You could speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries or call 191 or use Live Chat.

Buy the issue you may now find is that the Sure Signal has now been removed from being sold and Vodafone will be removing Sure Signals from their network and asking people to use Calling Over Wi-Fi instead.

Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

From the 1st of July 2019 the T&C's for Sure Signal have changed. A person purchasing a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has now changed from 2 years to 1 year.
The Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30th of April 2020.
They have gone this route because the Sure Signal is now seen as old technology as it uses 3G.

That said I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
Andy

Hi @chumpfry1 👋 I am sorry to hear this, can I ask if the Sure Signal bought directly from us and how long have you had the device, we have now discontinued the Sure Signal devices and we are moving towards Wi-Fi calling as an alternative, to find out information on whether your current device is compatible and how to set this up can be found by following this link 

View more options
chumpfry1

Hi there, yes this Sure Signal was from Vodadone and a replacement as the previous units had also failed in the same manner. I appreciate you are retiring the Sure Signal device this year, but Wifi calling doesnt help with receiving SMS messages, especially when required to access the MyVodafone app,  and many other applications that send a confirmation code which is incredibly annoying. There is still no reception in our street even after 10 years of supposed improvements to your network. What do you advise in my situation?

Thanks

Chris 

View more options
GemmaP

Hey @chumpfry1 

On the link that Andy sent there's a list of devices that support WiFi SMS when bought from us, iphones should work regardless. We're working hard to roll out WiFi SMS for other phones that aren't purchased directly from ourselves too.

I've spoke to the Sure Signal team on your behalf and we're now completely out of stock due to them already being discontinued.

I appreciate this is disappointing but keep your eyes peeled on our Website for any further updates 🙂

View more options
chumpfry1

I have a Samsung A40 bought from Vodafone, so I am still no better off here Gemma. All sites requiring 2 factor authentication (like MyVodafone) will now be inaccessible to me. What are you going to do to rectify this in this situation? https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/vodafone-uk-leave-wifi-calling-users-waiting-for-sms-s...

View more options