main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Sure Signal/ GigaCube

Suresignal V3 no lights

Teeps
2: Seeker

Hi, my suresignal v3 is showing no lights at all now even the power one. Tried troubleshoot but nothing happening. Is it dead??

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately this does usually mean the Sure Signal has failed @Teeps and Vodafone no longer supply them.

The Sure Signal is eventually being removed completely from the network.

Have you considered Calling Over Wi-Fi  ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
Teeps
2: Seeker

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes wifi calling does work. The phone signal is so bad it drains the phone battery. Are Vodaphone not doing replacements despite the fact this is a known issue?

thanks

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Yes unfortunately it can be a resource hog om the phone i.e Calling Over Wi-Fi.

This is what I'm aware of in regards to the Sure Signal.

Vodafone no longer sell / supply them.

From the 1st of July 2019 the T&C's for Sure Signal have changed. A person purchasing a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has now changed from 2 years to 1 year.
The Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30th of April 2020.
They have gone this route because the Sure Signal is now seen as old technology as it uses 3G, however as many only still get 3G I personally do not see 3G as an older type of connection, but that's my personal opinion, and as such Vodafone have now moved towards a feature called 'Calling Over Wi-Fi' for eligible phone models and tariffs, this feature does support texting too.
The link to Calling over Wi-Fi is >
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling
Sure Signals may still be available by buying them privately from selling sites but please ensure the original owner has properly de registered the Sure Signal if buying a 2nd handmodel. And if a Sure Signal has not been used for 3+ months it can be temporarily barred from the network. The original owner needs to un bar the Sure Signal.
If not used for 12+ months then it's permanently barred and will not work again.
Eventually all Sure Signals are being removed from being used on the network.

If your Sure is still under the manufacturers warranty as I described further up my reply then do speak with Vodafone via 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to hear what they can recommend.

It doesn't cost anything to enquire @Teeps 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
andyfras
4: Newbie
View more options