main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Sure Signal/ GigaCube

Suresignal v3 stopped working - no longer registered

bwatkins
4: Newbie

My Suresignal which I have been using happily for years suddenly stopped working. I've got a red light and flashing white light (logo of the world with an arrow going around it). I hadn't changed anything on my home network, touched any cables etc. I have tried resetting several times, changed cables, double checked the router settings etc.. Logging in to my account on the Voda website there appears to be no Suresignals registered on my account any more. When I tried registering it again I get an error that says something like 'There has been an error and we are trying to fix it, try again later'. This has been going on for a week.

Any ideas what could be happening? And/or what I can do to get it working again? Have been without a phone service and relying on WhatsApp/Facebook messenger for a week now. If this goes on there will be no point paying for the service.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Something in the Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting may help @bwatkins although if the unit has failed then Vodafone are no longer selling Sure Signals and at some point soon all current connected Sure Signals will be de activated.

Vodafone are instead moving the Calling Over Wi-Fi.

wi-fi-calling. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to access your account to check registration.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
bwatkins

Thanks. I've already tried all of the steps in the troubleshooter.

There are many problems with using WiFi calling instead of the network. I intend to persevere with signal boosters for as long as I can even if it means moving back to Three or O2

View more options
bwatkins

Wifi calling not working for the past 24 hours. Suresignal not working for several weeks and still getting the same error on the registration page on the website. So no service available to me whatsoever. 

View more options
bwatkins

Half an hour on the phone to customer service and predictably got nowhere. I've explained the situation five times and so far all they've done is confirm there is no network coverage at my house. I think my dog has more intelligence than these people. How do you get past the idiots to speak to someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

View more options
bwatkins

Okay, after 40 minutes of maddening incompetence someone in Vodafone finally pressed the right button and wifi calling has been re-enabled on my phone. Definitely a network issue not a software/hardware issue my end. And no explanation for why it suddenly stopped working. They had the cheek to try throwing in the whole 'you didn't buy the phone from Vodafone' argument despite the fact it's been working for the past two years. This really emphasises why I'm not willing to contemplate relying on Vodafone wifi calling.

They tried to get the Suresignal back working but after talking to two different departments they couldn't fix it. Something 'strange' with the registration system. No idea why it stopped working or what they need to do to fix it just that it is magically deregistered itself. Referred to next level support.

View more options