main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Sure Signal/ GigaCube

Use Sure Signal on EE 4G broadband

ray_tilly76
2: Seeker

HI,

i am sure this has been asked many of times but i have just had EE 4G broadband installed due to the area i live it its the one one i can get that give me speeds of around 40Mbp compared to my BT at 1.2Mbp. i would like to get rid of the BT as it costs me around £65 a month and i was told that other have sure signal working on the 4G but looking online it dose not seem to be able to work? please can someone confirm if there is a way of this working or if not when vodafone might actually get SMS working over internet so i can lose the sure signal.

many thanks in advance!

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Re worded my post.

The Sure Signal works off Home Broadband to give a 3g @ray_tilly76  only.

What-s-Vodafone-Sure-Signal. 

Some say they've been able to send texts over the Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi but that's not official by Vodafone.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.0  / Android 11.

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Wifi-calling-Text-messages. 

When-will-Vodafone-support-SMS-over-Wifi-Calling are the most recent threads discussing sms over Calling Over Wi-Fi. 

Also as the Sure Signal is no longer sold by Vodafone some people have received texts from Vodafone saying the Sure Signal is being fazed out in favour of Calling Over Wi-Fi. 

In regards to Bt.

If your at the end of your contract then try to broker a deal with them which is something I do. My monthly bill is £36.99 !

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.0  / Android 11.

View more options