main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

30 day rule - further clairifcation?

s2g 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm trying to unlock a LG G4 and I've received the unlock code from Vodafone. The LG G4 phone has been used for two years on a monthly Vodafone contract, but hasn't been used for last 13 months or so as I upgraded to another phone with Vodafone. I now want to use the LG on another network, so I've inserted the new sim card into the phone but it's still locked to Vodafone. Do I have to buy a PAYG Vodafone sim and use for 30 days (my existing sim card dosent fit the LG, so cannot use it)??

Any idaes where I'm going wrong or what I need to do? Thanks

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

If you've got the unlocking NUC code from Vodafone then inserting the alternative network sim card which has to be activated ie connects to 3g etc invokes the pop up box to key the nuc in which then unlocks the phone.

If the code does not work then you should be able to re apply for another nuc using your account details.

If the phone has dropped Vodafone systems then yes a payg account sim card and use that by making calls etc for 30 days will latch its serial number onto Vodafone systems and then request its unlock using the new payg details.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
s2g 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Thanks for the advice.

Do I need to get the PAYG sim directly from Vodafone or can I just purchase one from the supermarket?

Thanks

View more options
17: Community Champion

@s2g wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

Do I need to get the PAYG sim directly from Vodafone or can I just purchase one from the supermarket?

Thanks

Either is fine @s2g

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options