main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Being held hostage?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Why and how on earth Is Vodaphone refusing to give me a NUC code for a phone that was out of contract last March???  I am the verified account holder, every single bill was paid on time and there is no outstanding balance on my account. All attempts to request via form were ignored. Customer service is saying I need to use a Vodaphone pay as you go sim for a full 30 days before I can even request one. Please can someone explain why this is and if this is even legal before I go to ombudsman? Contract is up, the phone is mine. I gave my old phone to my daughter for her birthday and need her on the same network as me. 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

If the phone hadn't been used on the network for a lengthy period of time that can cause issue and needs a Vodafone Payg sim card used in it for 30 days making calls etc or if the phone is under the banner of a business corporate account and the phones been given to the employee this can cause issues @Myword 

However from what you write you shouldn't be encountering issues. 

I'd ask for the Nuc email address and or let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread to help you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@Myword It's a shame to see that you've been experiencing issues when unlocking your phone.

Our team can help should you still need assistance. So I can take a closer look into this for you and raise this to our Unlocking team, please follow the details I'll be sending to you via private message.

View more options