Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bit screwed - super unlock code

Chrisbailh
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I purchased a Samsung s8 64gb from Facebook. The phone is locked to the vodafone network.

The original owner of the phone requested an unlock code for me, which came through, didn't work, and now it has PUK blocked the original vodafone account (Not mine). So my EE puk, also does not work.

I asked inside a Vodafone store on what I should do, I was told to request a "super unlock code" and the puk from the original owner. The original owner has closed that account when his contact expired. Any advise? It's been 2months of not using this phone.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A Puk is connected to a sim card and is only used if a person activates their sim pin security feature which is a 4 digit code and then forgets it and enters it too many times thus blocking the sim card.

What you probably need to go along with the Nuc unlocking code is called a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which is obtained from the Nuc department.

The original owner would have to request  this via Vodafone Customer services or you use a Vodafone Payg Sim card in the phone for 30 days making calls etc and then you request the unlock using your new Vodafone Payg details.

The other options are ....

A Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones.

An Online unlocking site.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the advise.

The person in the Vodafone shop directed me to here, to request the super unlock, the master unlock seems like the same thing he described.

About the puk, I'm not sure how it works, but the puk SIM is in use right now and working fine on another phone. 

The person at the shop explained it had blocked the SIM to the account holder, which is now closed

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Chrisbailh 

Only customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link i added can request the mastercode from the Nuc department.

It can't be requested via this forum.

A Puk is only needed to unblock a sim card and does not unlock a phone to all networks.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok I shall do that, thanks again

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If we've had a message from you through Facebook or Twitter, we'll be able to access your account and help you from there @Chrisbailh. Please could you let me know which store advised to request your PUK through the Community? I'd like to feed this back to make sure our customers in the future aren't told the same thing :Thumbs_Up: