main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Bulk network unlock codes.

2: Seeker

I own a business that allows consumers to trade in their old mobiles. Many consumers forget or don't now how to get their devices unlocked and therefore they come to us with a network lock on them.

It seems very difficult to unlock devices unless you are the user of the phone within a contract with Voda. As the new rightful owner of the device I believe Voda are obliged to unlock upon request but the website doesn't cater for this (in bulk) and despite two days of trying to speak to someone within Voda I am no further on mainly due to automated responses.

Can anybody help?

View more options
3 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Vodafone won't unlock unless you are the owner of the contract under which then phone was supplied or if you've used the phone for 30 days with a PAYG sim in the phone. They won't unlock under any other circumstances. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
2: Seeker

I understand that this is technically true however there are a number of online platforms that charge for unlocking in bulk so it can be done! I would much rather engage with Voda directly than through online unreputable platforms. Thoughts?

View more options
17: Community Champion
I’ve no idea how those unofficial services work and the problem can be that the phone locks again when the software is updated. I’m a customer. Not a Vodafone person but my experience of many years on this forum tells me that there is zero flexibility from the network on this point. They need to know beyond any doubt that the person asking for the unlock has legal title to the phone. The 30 PAYG scenario is itself a relatively recent addition to the methods for unlocking.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options